Tooth Fairy = going rate???

We gave 2 pound for the 1st tooth and 1 pound for each tooth after that, I cant believe that some parents give 20 pounds :wacko:

When growing up I got 5$ for my first, and then 1-2$ for everyone after that.
I remember making out quite well the one time, as the dentist pulled 4 baby teeth at once :haha:

I'd prob give £5 for the first tooth and £1 or £2 after that? You cant get naff all for 50p these days, not even a sweetie!

£20 and £50? :nope:
I'll probably give £2 for the first one and £1 for any after. £50 is ridiulous.
I think we used to get about £1

Xanders 5 and we gave him 50p for his first tooth. He requested £2 from the tooth fairy but we said he was pushing it as he gets pocket money too.

I gave my son a special dollar coin for the first one, and fortunately for us, he was thrilled with a shiny quarter for the second one!

i remember getting a special little velvet bag which i had to put my tooth in and the next morning it would be full of 10p! i then had to count them all up and if there was less than 15 then the tooth wasn't good enough to be a part of the tooth fairies castle and i had to brush extra well to get more next time, if there was 15-20 then the fairy had used it to build more castle and that meant that the tooth was satisfactory and mum would also take me to feed the ducks, if i got 20-25 then it was a shining example of a perfect tooth and the tooth fairy had used it to start a new crown and that meant mum took me out at the weekend we would usually go to southport, have chippy and a few goes on the rides and a walk along the beach.

I used to love it! id always wake up and count the 10p to see how many i got and what it meant lol! I stopped believing in the tooth fairy before my sis lost any teeth and she didnt have the little story, just got a £5 note under her pillow, i remember thinking that i enjoyed the story and the excitement of waking up the next morning to see what the tooth fairy had left and what it meant and i felt bad for her not getting that and just expecting the £5 instead! i actually felt sorry for her even tho i was only about 11 and she was getting more money than i had lol!

DD will be getting a little bag and we will do the same as what i had because it was fab! lol! xx

i remember getting a special little velvet bag which i had to put my tooth in and the next morning it would be full of 10p! i then had to count them all up and if there was less than 15 then the tooth wasn't good enough to be a part of the tooth fairies castle and i had to brush extra well to get more next time, if there was 15-20 then the fairy had used it to build more castle and that meant that the tooth was satisfactory and mum would also take me to feed the ducks, if i got 20-25 then it was a shining example of a perfect tooth and the tooth fairy had used it to start a new crown and that meant mum took me out at the weekend we would usually go to southport, have chippy and a few goes on the rides and a walk along the beach.

I used to love it! id always wake up and count the 10p to see how many i got and what it meant lol! I stopped believing in the tooth fairy before my sis lost any teeth and she didnt have the little story, just got a £5 note under her pillow, i remember thinking that i enjoyed the story and the excitement of waking up the next morning to see what the tooth fairy had left and what it meant and i felt bad for her not getting that and just expecting the £5 instead! i actually felt sorry for her even tho i was only about 11 and she was getting more money than i had lol!

DD will be getting a little bag and we will do the same as what i had because it was fab! lol! xx

aww that sounds really lovely - i love that alot!!!!!
we gave Robbie his £2 in change - he was very excited because he got lots of coins, he's saving his up to get something!!!

i used to get 20p when i was a kid and then all of a sudden i didn't get 20p anymore? :shrug: why didn't the tooth fairy carry on? :cry:

:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->