Toothache!

mrscams

Pregnant- 3rd Trimester
Reaction score
I am in AGONY :cry:

I got zero sleep lastnight due to the throbbing pain and although I took paracetamol it just wouldn't shift it. I was sat up in bed all night becasue it seemed better than laying down for some strange reason.

Called the dentist this morning and they can't see me until tomorrow afternoon :nope:
Ive taken 3 paracetamol already today and don't want to rely on it just incase it effects spud in any way- will I do any damage to spud by taking paracetamol throughout the day & night for the toothache? :shrug:

I am dreading tonight as I know I will get no sleep again, I've looked online for home remedies for toothache and theres not really alot I can do.

Im terrified of dentists but I know Ive got to go, I can't go on with this pain. Its the worst thing ever.......Im also being told toothache can be worse than childbirth?!!

ugh - I feel sorry for you. I remember once I had my wisdom teeth removed which was fine, but I got dry sockets in 3 of the 4 that they removed. I was delerious from the pain. I agree - tooth pain can be worse than childbirth because it's a 'head pain' if you get me. I can/could breathe through any other pain but when it's in your head it's like you can't even think straight. And if you can't get in to see a dentist then it's awful. I actually went into the emergency room for a long lasting novocaine shot in my jaw so I could at least sleep. And yeah - it might not seem to others like an emergency but I was threatening to jump out the window of my apartment - my mom drove an hour to stay with me overnight. I was that irrational.

I'm sure if you stay within the recommended dosages you will be fine - maybe call the doc/pharmacist just to make sure..??

I hope you get it sorted soon - I really feel for you :( xx

Oh no! Toothache is just awful!! I agree with kissikiss I thought I was going to go mad last time I had it. It might be worth ringing the dentist in the morning to see if they've had any cancellations - maybe they could see you a bit earlier. I tried various home remedies - clove oil (bleugh) etc but none of them worked (sorry!)
Really hope they can help you with it tomorrow - big hugs xxx

clove oil is great to help ease the pain even if it does taste nasty
hope u get some relief x

Lol Twinkle we love toothy threads!
(me and twinkle have lots of experience of toothache, well I have, before Xmas i was eyeing up a pair of pliers I was in so much pain..and Twinkle helped me through it :rofl:)

Salt water rinses (water as hot as you can stand it) can help.
I found holding a hotwater bottle to your face can also help you get some sleep.
Toothache is said to be worse than childbirth because the pain of toothache doesn't go away, it's relentless and doesnt have a good outcome (a baby :haha:)
If it makes you feel any better, my wisdom tooth is coming out on Friday! :(
I feel your pain!

Paracetamol won't touch toothache .. you really need an anti-inflammatory something like ibuprofen or nurofen .. sorry not what you want to hear i know. The only natural one i know of is cloves .. absolutely manky but they do work.

Hope you get some sleep Xx

Hope everything is going well for you today mrscams! I had my wisdom teeth out just a year ago and ran into a couple dry sockets as well...you just have to pull through it and be tough until the dentist can get you in which sucks! Hope the dentist does wonders for you today..

Well I went to the dentist yesterday, I had to drag my mum along with me and it took awhile for the dental nurse to get me in the dreaded chair. Once I was in and the denist hit each of my back teeth with a little metal hammer and me wincing each time he insisted on doing it- I mean really does 'Ouch' mean nothing to these people?! He told me that my wisdom teeth had kind of come through, half way and was at an angle so had stopped coming through fully and now there was a hole in it!
I didnt even know I had my wisdom teeth through- my husband made an awful joke of
"I always thought you had a hole in your wisdom".......not amused.

So apparently I also have an infection in my gums- according to the dentist being pregnant your gums are more prone to infection and tenderness becasue of the hormones- he can't do anything until the infection has cleared. BOO!
Im on antibiotics for 7 days to clear the infection and then hes going to remove the wisdom tooth! IM SCARED!!!

I asked the dentist if it will hurt, he laughed and said "Not as much pain as you will be in in March having your baby"...."Yeh cheers for that mate"

So im now on my first day of antibiotics, still taking the paracetomal and using bongela to help the pain that is still there but not as bad thank god. Now all I've got to put up with is my usual twice a day headaches which have flarred up since about week 27 and heartburn....oh the joys lol!

Glad he gave you antibiotics - it should start feling better soon xxx

I had a wisdom tooth out today, and to be honest...
...it was a lot easier than a normal tooth to get out!

I have trouble going numb so i needed some extra injections, but it was out really quickly! It's not the nicest experience, but I have no swelling or anything :smug:

I got myself that worked up i went faint after...:dohh: but really, don't worry..and what a sarcy dentist you have! Take no notice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->