Top names chosen, but need opinions! Honest!

OurLilFlu

Mom to a baby girl&Boxer
Reaction score
I know it's quite early on but we have already chosen our top names kinda by fluke!

Our :blue: name that we have had for over a year is :

Jacob Xavier S.

The name means a lot to us because its Jacob after oh's Opa, Jacobus, who passed away about 2 years ago and Xavier after my grandpa's middle name!

For :pink:, we literally came up with it a few days ago. I love love the middle name (don't steal it! haha) and the first name has a special meaning since my oh's family is quite proudly Dutch but there is only one boy out of the large family that can pass on the name Van Rooijen, so we'd like to pass it on in a way to our girl, so here it is....

Royen Arquelle S.

We're basically set on both names but I wanted some outside the family opinions, we've tried different spellings but this seems to always come out on top!!

Thanks!!

I like both the names are u livin in holland? They make me think of Dutch names, I'm not pregnant yet but have a girls name already chosen freija jasmijn, I'm Half Dutch and have now moved to holland x

No we live in Canada but OH's family is Dutch and mine is french! Nice name for your future little one! Do you think Royen is 'girlish' enough?

I think it's lovely and girly! And I assume it will be quite unusual as you are in Canada.

Love it :thumbup:

Yes definitely! When I googled it the only things that come up are last name 'van Royens' and a few companies! Glad you think it's girly too!

LOVE your boy name!! Both names are on my list!! Can I just ask if you are pronouncing it X-avier or Zavier? I strongly prefer X-avier!!

I like the girl name! It's very different but I like it a lot!! I would just wonder if she would get the nickname "Roy" which sounds masculine, but if you're okay with that then by all means go for it! It flows very nicely too!

We'd pronounce it as x-avier... Even though my grandpa is French and his name is pronounced Zavier. Thanks so much!

You have picked some AWESOME names!!!

Great choices!

I love the boy's first and middle names and the girls middle name but not sure about the first name. Main reason is I wouldnt know whether it was a boy or girl name if I heard it and she might get called "Roy" for short. Like i worked with a girl called "georgina"who got called "george" and it caused a lot of confusion. But if it doesnt bother you then go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->