Top table?

MissCherry15

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Me and my partner are getting married next year, we are not going all traditional as its just not us x
We have a vintage theme, and have got the venue etc all sorted, but im having trouble with the table planning!
I dont want to stick my parents on the top table as i want them to be with my kids? or my kids to be up with me, I need to work something out, i cant stick my dad with my mil cause they dont get along, nor can i stick my mum by my dad as they had a nasty split a few years back and i just refuse to put them together x

What do i do, i have me my partner, a baby who will be 18months, a little girl who will be 5, 3/4 bridesmaids, best man.

Our family is WAY too complicated, so i think were just having myself, OH and our two little boys at the top table. Everybody else will just be sat at round tables amongst other guests.

I haven't even thought about this yet but I know I won't be having a traditional top table :) my family is also really quite complicated xx

we had similar difficulties so are having a round top table. It will be me and my husband (lol) my mum and stepdad, my dad and stepmum, my mil and FIL and my 3 children.

I'm not splitting up couples who have been together 20yrs+ for the sale of tradition, and I want to be with our children who are massively involved in our day! I'm just putting one child in between each couple as 1) an ice breaker, 2) so the couples aren't sitting directly next to each other and 3) so they are sat with us BUT I can still eat my dinner in peace....... :winkwink:

hope that helps somewhat xx

Im not having a traditional top table, both sets of parents are devorced so were having them sat with each side of their familys.

On ours we had us, our 2 kids, my mum and dad, MIL and FIL, Best Man, MOH and her little boy!

You have to do what you want to do :)

Yeah, I'm having trouble with this too. If I had everyone up there it would be loads of people. They haven't met much but I really don't think that OH's parents would get on with my parents so doing it traditionally wouldn't work, but OH's parents don't get on so doing it that way wouldn't work, and my sister's (MOH's) husband is really shy so wouldn't be comfortable sitting on his own so I think I should sit her with him. So at the moment we're thinking it will be just us and the kids on the top table

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->