Total Confusion

Brady40

Reaction score
Hello all - hope you don't mind me joining you :flower:

I have recently heard the happy news that my best mate at hubby are preggers with their first and there has also been a big baby boom at my work... which has got me thinking...

I'm 30 and have never really been the broody type. Have been with my OH for 7 years and over the last few I've been spouting the "never say never" line when anyone asks when we are going to try (why do people do that - I don't minds mates asking but random people at work??!). Anyway, I have now started to think really seriously about it and realised we are not getting any younger. I'm a bit worried as this last week I havn't thought about much else... I've even been mooching around Mothercare in my lunchbreak :dohh:

My question is - do you think I am just having a fit of feeling left behind because everyone else seems to be having babies, or does it just hit you one day that you'd better get planning / trying? I hate the thought that I might be just jumping on the bandwagon iyswim. How do I know that I REALLY am ready?

This is pathetic. I'm asking if I am ready to wait to TTC!! :blush:
Can you tell I'm not very good at decisions...

OMG you could be me :laugh2:

I'm not sure I just all of a sudden became broody but having lots of my friends now having babies and people at work it got me thinking about my own life and as you say, not getting any younger :roll:
I don't want to never have kids and I've come to realise I'll never know when the right time is and I could wait for it forever.

Well it's great to know it's not just me!!

Thanks Pumpkin. Have you talked to your OH about it yet? I'm kind of stewing on my own at the moment... and aimlessly wandering around baby shops under the guise of looking for presents for my pregnant friend, oh and spending quite a lot of time lurking here :blush:

Have you talked to your OH about it yet?

Hubby has come round to my way of thinking now (he always does in the end :winkwink:). He's agreed that I'll come off the pill in May and "we'll just see what happens". I've read so many times on here that the menfolk are so much more comfortable when they don't feel like you're really trying and it's sooo true!! Fingers crossed we get lucky and I don't ever have to terrify him with ovulation talk :rofl:

I don't think I became neccessarily broody as such, I just think I've landed myself in a situation whereby I think I am comfortable emotionally and financially to try. I know I have always wanted children in my early twenties (I'm 22) and the more I think about it the more used to the idea I get and the happier and more comfortable I feel about trying. Its a big step from a few years ago when I hated kids :rofl:

I don't think you will ever be totally ready, I just figure well, I want children, I'm in a good situation as ever to try and well why not? :rofl: Once its done there is no going back! OH is the one that has been pushing to do it and I suppose I'm warming to it, so I plan to try after our wedding.

I don't think I became neccessarily broody as such, I just think I've landed myself in a situation whereby I think I am comfortable emotionally and financially to try. I know I have always wanted children in my early twenties (I'm 22) and the more I think about it the more used to the idea I get and the happier and more comfortable I feel about trying. Its a big step from a few years ago when I hated kids :rofl:

I don't think you will ever be totally ready, I just figure well, I want children, I'm in a good situation as ever to try and well why not? :rofl: Once its done there is no going back! OH is the one that has been pushing to do it and I suppose I'm warming to it, so I plan to try after our wedding.

Well you definately sound ready. Congratulation btw - when is the wedding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->