Total newbie, TTC#1, taking no-frills approach! Buddy?

LL-tinkerbell

TTC - 3rd cycle
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm very green at this so apologize in advance if I flub up any of the lingo.

My bf and I decided only recently to start actively TTC. We are on our 3rd cycle TTC since removing my copper IUD on 31 May. Just finished AF so am at CD 4.
Although I got really excited at first and bought about a million tests and a thermometer, I found myself getting very obsessive very fast, and so have decided now to take a much more casual approach. The only thing I am tracking is my AF (and have since learned I have an irregular cycle - 1st 35, 2nd 29).

What we're doing is trying to be totally relaxed about it -- 'business as usual'. We usually make love at least every other night, and I say make love rather than BD because we're trying really hard not have it all become about making a baby - we still want to be close because we love each other. But there's no denying we really want a baby!!!

I hope this all makes sense, and that maybe there's someone out there in a similar situation as me - just taking it easy w/ fingers crossed? Would love some buddies for support!

:hugs:

Hello & welcome!

I read your post and noticed you're a fellow Canadian. Howdy!!

I am too TTC #1 with my DH of just over two years. I came off BC in May and we are on our third month off trying. Last month I got really obsessed, bought a few tests and was kept up at night constantly thinking about getting my BFP. We're trying again this month started yesterday, but I am too being much more relaxed about it all. I am worrier and all this stress was killing me! It wasn't worth it. So we're going to do it when we both want to, not me dragging my DH kicking and screaming into bed (like that would ever happen!!) when I'm ov-ing, but just let nature take it's course and enjoy the experience.

I wish you & your bf all the best :yellow:

(ps. I'm still getting used to the lingo :huh: I copied and pasted all the abbreviations and terms onto a separate word document so that I could go back and use it for reference )

Hi Im also new.... went off BC pill in May 2010 and we TTC #1.

Im trying to not get obsessed but with difficulty, all i have been doing so far is tracking AF. I was regular at 26days until last month I was late....but BFN, so now I am waiting for AF to start so I can hopefully get back on track.

Baby dust to both LL-tinkerbell and RB1404 :)

hopefully we all get a BFP soon!

Yay! Hi to you both. According to my age/health my doc says there should be no problems, but it's still frustrating when it doesn't happen right away...so I"m so glad to hear I am not alone in trying not to get too caught up in things and just enjoying the 'ride'!! :blush:

Yay! Hi to you both. According to my age/health my doc says there should be no problems, but it's still frustrating when it doesn't happen right away...so I"m so glad to hear I am not alone in trying not to get too caught up in things and just enjoying the 'ride'!! :blush:

Hi there!

I saw my doc in May and he too gave me the green light to start trying. He told me to take folic acid tablets and try get the DH to cut back on beer and smokes. That's gonna take a lot of work!!

I'm on CD#11 and feeling some cramping on my left side starting today, so I think I'm begining to ov. Better get at the :sex: LOL!!

Hi all can I join you? I'm 34 and TTC no. 1 but I've decided to do my best to relax and enjoy it :winkwink: and if nothing happens I'll start thinking about measuring/testing etc. Like you tinkerbell I'd rather keep it fun and not just about babies... But then I generally do take the easiest way in life!!

Hi Conina! Welcome :)

I'm 28 and TTC#1. I was pretty obesessive last month but figured the stress was doing me no good. So going to take a little bit more relaxed approach, probably be better for me anyways.

Hope everyone is well :) :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"