Totally confused

mommysmiles

Reaction score
Hello,

I hope someone reads this and gives me some sort of advise because the answers I'm hearing don't make sense to me.

LMP June 29(irregular cycles) , Got married July 30th(no sex till then), August 30th positive pregnancy test.. that explained abdominal cramping. or so I though?

I went to the ER on Wednesday (the day after finding I'm pregnant) for abdominal pain that dropped me for minutes each time. They ran HCG levels which were at 528. According to the u/s tech the ultrasound showed a mass on the Left fallopian tube. A formal ultrasound was done and no mass was found and still no baby. The doctors were saying 7 week pregnancy which didn't make sense according to my calculations that I just got married ONE month ago.. Any who, they scared the crap out of me saying it was an ectopic pregnancy and to check hcg every two days. I was impatient and I checked the next day and they went up to 955. Hcg was checked again on Saturday and they went up to 2901. They eded up calling back and saying, no mass but wee see hcg levels are rising beautifully. Then I went to the ER again on Sunday for almost passing out because of cramps and hcg levels were now at 5457. They also did an ultrasound and they told me they might have caught the sack but that the images could not be appreciated at the moment. They sent me home with no news. I get a call on tuesday for a same day ultrasound. I go in and the doctor pretty much tells me she's not going to see anything because it had only been two days. I understood but she did the ultrasound because I was there already. A Vag was done and she says, well I can't see much. I see a little yolk sack but no embryo. Then starts telling me that maybe my brain got the wrong message and that I may not be pregnant at all. I was extremely sad. The OB doctor says that it looks like I'm 5 weeks. follow up appointment has been scheduled.

Why are my hcg levels rising and no baby is found? what's wrong? Please help.

I don't know what to say to comfort you other than ( my completely untrained knowledge) i don't really know what they were expecting to see when they scanned you?! Sounds like you have gone to the er and judging from this forum they really don't know what they are doing in early pregnancy xxx i think you are pregnant and that you sound on track for your dates, once you are 7 weeks by YOUR calculations i would have another scan and see where to go from there xxx

From what you are saying, it looks like you are in very early stages. And it's perfectly normal to not see anything in ultrasound till around 7-8 weeks - only thing they can confirm is whether it's an ectopic pregnancy or not. If they have confirmed that this is not ectopic, then the best thing is to wait till you are 8 weeks as per your dates and go for an ultrasound provided you don't get any more severe pains.

It's quite normal to not see baby in the early days. Do you know when you ovulated? Or when you likely conceived? You would be between 5 and 7 weeks according to the dates of your positive test and your wedding (this is calculated by the time since you ovulated/conceived plus two weeks). If you're closer to 7 weeks them I'm afraid it's possible that you're having a chemical pregnancy, where everything develops but no baby. If you're closer to 5 weeks, it's perfectly possible that the baby just cannot be seen on the scan yet. If it turns out that it isn't a viable pregnancy, please don't lose heart. Lots of women have chemicals the first time around and go on to have perfectly healthy babies soon after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->