Totally off topic Internet/phone problem / question

Rainbow82

Reaction score
So we have just moved into a new property in June and it would seem that the old tenants have stopped paying their phone and broadband provider but not cancelled their account so the line is still active and we can not have our own broadband/phone while their account is still active but their provider (sky talk) won't let us cancel their contract/ account and say it won't be cancelled until they haven't paid for 6-9 months and then they will pass it to a debt collection agency ( yet more hassle as the letters will be coming to our address!). This might not be a problem if anyone knew who/where the old tenant is but the property is above a shop who sublet the flat and the shop people sold out without telling the landlord and the tenants moved out before the new shop people moved in.

Has anyone had an issue like this before? How did you resolve it? Alternatively does anyone have any ideas? I have already offered to email a copy of our tenant agreement to sky talk to show the old tenant is no longer in the property but they said they still won't cancel the account!

Grrr I'm so angry as I feel like I've been going in circles with this all weekend! Please help.

Really, I was wondering about going to them now it's summer hols and I have time to do it but wasn't sure it was sort of thing they could help with. Thanks for reply :)

Sorry, miss read your post, hence the edit!

Ask here: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67

Thanks I'll post in there, really need thus sorting so fed up if no Internet except my phone.

Can you get virgin media? Not ideal if you want something that runs off the bt line, but a solution none the less

Virgin media would gave been our first choice, I hate paying for a landline just to get broadband but their online postcode checker said it's not available. I've got a horrible feeling that we are going to end up with mobile broadband but even just browsing, no YouTube or anything we always go over the download limit. Will see if CAB can help though.

Alternatively would I have a reasonable case for asking the landlord/estate agent to pay for a new line?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->