toys help

alice&bump

mummy to katie
Reaction score
i hope noone minds me posting in here, but i could do with some advice off you guys!

katie got diagnosed with hip dysplasia last week, and is going to have to have her legs in a hip spica at some point soon, for 3-4 months they said. so her legs are going to be set in plaster at 90ish degrees!

the problem i'm having is finding presents for her birthday and christmas, it seems to be impossible to find toys for kids above the age of 1 that dont involve a lot of movement!

was just wondering if anyone had any ideas for toys and things suitable for 1year+ that dont need the baby to be very active? hopefully she's going to be able to shuffle around a bit, but from what i've read, she's not really gona be able to!

have a look on the novelty warehouse website- they have a range of toys and fab inventions that split into different senses development and other areas too. you may find something on there- they are not immensely expensive either- far cheaper than anywhere else!

Niamh is a similar age to Katie but she plays with toys that were Kians, they are for 1year+.
She likes the fisher price "little people" she doesn't "play" with them but loves to chew them, early learning light up drum is another favourite, early learning musical instruments, shape sorters (she has the cookie jar one and ELC animal sounds one), she also likes the vtech piano thingy. Niamhs favourite toy is her baby annabel and a playskool ball popper (but you'd have to collect the balls for katie, i send Kian!!).
Also have you thought of a tea set i'm getting Niamh one for xmas (woolworths has a nice fisherprice one that plays music).
Will have another think to see what else i can come up with, there are probably loads more things she coud play with on the floor or in her lap.
You could always get Katie one of the presents you were planning to get and save it for when she's more mobile, we saved toys for Niamh for after her stitches had gone and she loved it.

i think we're settled on one of those sort of block things with the push around beads and twisty type things on each side (if you get what i mean you're a genious :lol:) and somethin like the little people. she's already got tea sets, drums,shape sorters and all that stuff! am plannin on having a sort of mini birthday when she has her cast off and get her the walker and stuff then! and she'll probably be able to share with her little sister lol!

My LO can't move herself around a lot (well she can, she army crawls but she can't stand unaided and never will) so finding toys like this have always been a big problem for us.

For christmas we have got shape sorters, toys the make music and interactive stuff. Hopefully you will find ways to entertain her.

Taking her out a lot will help (I know that won't be so easy since you'll have a new LO) to feed the ducks, just for walks, etc etc. Good luck :)

we've bought her the vtech discovery tree, she played with one at hebe's brithday party and loved it! my mum's gettin her a bean bag, so we can sort of prop her up! i'm not exactly sure what i'm gettin her for xmas but i've got a few ideas! its just so so tricky!!

My cousin of mine is disabled, obviously has to be sitting down all the time.

They have a 'fun wall'. It a little bit of wall that they're basically made a play mat on the way. Bit of colourful material on it. Has toys on the wall, such as one of the blocks where you push beads around wire things, these 'Lavette' or something toys (from toys R us) and it has toys hanging off the ceiling, with mirrors and that on them. Because she can't lie down all the time as its bad for her back and she needs to attempt to sit up herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->