tracking post pill ovulation

BB1982

Reaction score
Hello, I've only got one month of the pill left to go, and I'm excited to see what my body does naturally. I've been using a ovulation tracking app for a month or two, just to get use to it. I've just thought that as my pre-pill cycles were long, will the past few months entry's on my 28 day cycle mess up my tracking once I'm off the pill? Does anybody have any experience of this? Is it worth deleting what I've already entered and starting again when I actually finish my final packet? Do the apps even work? Thanks x

It depends on the app you use how much data from past cycles they will use to predict the current ones. I imagine some do give you predicted fertile days based on previous months, which would be meaningless if you were on the pill. If you don't know how yours works, yes, I'd just delete it. But also I found that CM was a good predictor of fertile days for me, so that was something I could follow day to day to give me an idea, and my ovulation days were the same both months (I came off the pill, started charting right away, and was pregnant the 2nd month). So once I had a good idea from doing the first month when I'd likely ovulate the second month, I planned for that date. CM seemed to show that I was coming up to being fertile then too. And then I got pregnant that month. I'm not sure what data it really used from the month before, but basically I just estimated based on the cycle day I ovulated the previous month and that was enough. Charting is kind of a pain though, so if you aren't TTC now, I probably wouldn't waste time on it, but that's just me.

It's an app called Clue, it seems okay, I guess I just want to feel like I'm doing something constructive while I wait to try. I guess when the time comes we can just give it a go without really concentrating on my cycle. I've never tried before so no idea if I'll get pregnant straight away or if I'll be someone who struggles. I have seen about CM, I know it's natural but it seems a bit gross! Lol. I have been on the pill a long time so I don't get that currently but guessing it will come back as my cycles regulate. Before pill I had an almost 6 week cycle, so I'm just interested to know at what point I'll ovulate I guess, assuming they go back to as before. X

I came off the pill in August to track my cycles. I use Free Menstrual Calender on iPhone. You can link it with the Fertility Friend website which I love. If you aren't keen on CM checking then you could use cheap OPKs and/or do your temperature? I can't imagine your data from pill cycles will be any use :flower:

CM checking is very valuable - it's not as gross as people think. There's a book called Taking Charge Of Your Fertility which is brilliant at explaining everything like that.

My first cycle off the pill was 51 days and this one is looking to be 40+ but still better than 168 that I had when TTC my DD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->