Traditional weaning Q's!!!!

Saxogirl

Mum to 2 beautiful boys!
Reaction score
Hi, started giving my son baby rice etc at 5 months, and moved on to purreed veg etc all going great! He's 6 months now and my problem is - what next!?!!!?

I am fine with all the the fruit/veg in finger/purree'd form etc but can he now have "normal" cereals like weetabix, ready break etc?

When did you think about introducing meats and fish and what/how did you cook them etc?

When can he have thing like bread/toast, cheese and yoghurts etc?

I think am going to try things like veg with baby gravy and cheese sauce etc over the next few days

When do/did you start to give the same as your meals?

We went on holiday last week and gave him a couple of baby jars which he loved but I would prefer to give him home cooked food!

Am sure I'm making things more complicated than I need to but can't quite seem to get my head straight, there's so much conflicting advice going on! Thanks for your thoughts!

I have the two books by Ananbel Karmel, Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner, and the Top 100 Finger foods.

They are great for ideas - things you wouldnt have thought of!

I started Izzy off with meats at 6 mth, although she was on fruit and veg from just over 4 months. Things I feed her which are good to start are cottage pie, caseroles, fish pies etc - you could make one for yourself and put some aside for the baby.

After 6 mths they can have pretty much everything - the Annabel Meal planner book also explains all about high risk foods not to be introduced and why (like nuts, certain fruits, honey)

^ agree on the AK books i was clueless untill i read the complete baby and todler meal planner :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->