transitioning to a bed question

lusterleaf

Reaction score
My DS is almost 2.5, recently he has discovered that he can climb out of his crib, even though the mattress is practically to the ground. He will walk into my room and climb into my bed. Then he will toss and turn or make noises for a few hours (he is non-verbal so its just yelling really). Leaving me with little sleep. So I know I have to transition him to a regular bed, but I am concerned that he won't stay there and wander into my room or about the house. He has poor receptive language and does not follow direction so he really won't listen to anything I say... so I was just wondering what your experiences were with this transition. Thanks!

My son to has very limited speech though we co sleep so I don't have any experience with this yet
How would you feel about putting a single bed for him in your room for a few weeks and if he comes in to yours lift him out say no John's bed and put him back in his (using John as example don't no ur los name) then once he's accept that put him in his room not sure if it would work but I can't really think of anything else
I'm hoping to move my son into his own bed through the summer and I no its gonna be really hard xx

can you put a gate on his room so even if he gets up he cant roam the house x

We were going to do a stair gate with Esther as we'd done it with our son and it worked well. In the end though we decided not to (she rattled the one at the too of the stairs alot and the one across the bedroom wouldn't of been able to of been fixed in safety enough).
In the end we just shut her door right too. I didn't like doing it as I'm very much a doors open type of person but if the door was open she just wandered out all the time. It didn't take long for her to accept it and if she did wake in the night I could always hear her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->