Transvaginal ultrasound??

Scan went fine!
Baby is perfectly fine.

They said I'm about 4 days behind what my dates are showing but they're saying everything is okay.

I didn't have the internal because they saw what they needed with the abdominal one :)

So relieved!!

Now I'm worried because I went for a scan on Saturday, and they didn't see baby.. Just yolk sac developing. I'm the same stage as you, so why couldn't I see my baby? :( nothing even came up when they tried to do the abdominal scan on me, they had to do internal to even see the sac.. Oh :(

Glad everything went well for you though, I really am! Such a relief :) x

That honestly sounds really normal. Maybe these averages will help:

4-5w = Gestational Sac Appears
5w-6w = Yolk Sac Appears
5+5 - 6+2 = Appearance of Fetal Pole on T/V Ultrasound
5+5 - 7+0 = Appearance of Fetal Pole on Abdominal Ultrasound (depends on sensitivity of machine. Most OB/RE's that I've met- and there have been many- won't even use abdominal ultrasound prior to 9-13 weeks- depends on clinic.)

Also, your date won't be exact unless you're actually using your conception date as 2+0. So unless you know the exact day you conceived, your date can be off to begin with.

At 6+4 my baby's fetal pole was 3.5mm. Since they grow 1mm a day, that means the pole would have only begun to show up at about 6+1/6+2.

I've spoke to quite a few of you lovely ladies, so thought I'd keep you updated :) after a private scan on Saturday, I was left feeling very confused. All we saw was a tiny yolk sac, and I mean tiny. This morning we went for our scan at the hospital, the yolk sac is looking so much bigger within the space of a few days! :D still no baby to be seen, but they think I'm around 5 weeks and 3 days, not 6 weeks like I originally thought. Although I'm not over the moon, because I'd of loved to see baby, I'm happy everything growing and going in the right direction. We have another scan next Friday, so hoping to see baby then as I'll be almost 7 weeks. The sonographer seemed to think I was just too early on to see baby, and the spotting I had a couple of weeks ago was just the right time for implantation bleeding. I'm really praying baby is growing away in there! X

Hope everything goes well became, I had a scan at 5 weeks and only saw the yolk and sac but had another scan a week later at 6 weeks and they saw the heartbeat so it shows how much can change in a few days :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->