Transverse baby 37 weeks!

livziem

Reaction score
So at my appointment today they scanned and told me baby is transverse and lying horizontally... argh! Every other scan I have had he has been head down. I’m 37+2 and they want me in on Friday for an ECV to try and turn him. If this fails and he stays transverse the only option will be c section delivery which makes me really nervous. Has anyone got any transverse stories/ tips that worked for them to get baby to turn? Is there a good chance he will still turn on his own at this gestation? I feel at a loss! I’m also scared of going into labour and the risks associated with the position he’s in. I guess I’m just looking for anyone who’s had similar experience

No experience here hun, but I didn’t want to read and run! Good luck with getting baby to turn whether it be on his own or by ECV :hugs:

I have got a breech baby atm.i have a scan Monday to see if she's still breech. Xx

My first baby at 36 weeks was transverse after being head down at every other appointment. The doctor told me the same thing that at the 37 week appointment if he wasn’t turned than an ecv it was.

I did a couple moves from Www.spinningbabies.com and I believe the morning after(perhaps 2) my belly looked big & round again (idk if you noticed a difference in your belly when baby went transverse but mine went flatter on the top by my belly button and I felt big on the sides). It was confirmed at my 37 week that baby was head down again and stayed like that until 41 + 2 days when he was born.

Awww hon bless ya. I really hope he turns hon. My baby was head down from 20 weeks and and my last growth scan at 26+1 he was still head down but I'm almost certain he is now transverse. Think I can feel his head at the side and then all the kicks are at the other side and my bump is a bit falter above my belly button.
I have a growth scan on Tuesday so will know for sure then.
Really hope ure baby turns on his own hon.
I'm sure everything will work out just fine.
There are things you can do to help turn them. Maybe try typing on YouTube hon and see if there are videos with any tips. I'm sure there will be.

The spinning babies website has some good ideas on. Hopefully baby will turn soon! :)

Thanks ladies for your support. I’m trying methods from spinning babies website and really praying for the best! I know ecvs don’t have a high success rate but if need be I’ll give it a go even though it makes me nervous. Hopefully my lil one will cooperate haha

my youngest ended up being an emergency c section as I came in in labour and they discovered he was transverse when they went to examine me. He was definitely head down on the previous appointments and so it is definitely still possible to have them move at this late stage (he was 10 days overdue and weighed 8lb2 so not a small boy!!)
I have also had a breech baby previously and had some success with the advice on the spinning babies website - she did turn, but then turned back again so needed an ECV anyway!
Don't worry too much, even if the baby doesn't move, an ECV isn't as bad as I thought it would be, and worse case scenario of a c section is not the end of the world. Good luck!x

Thanks. My ecv is this afternoon so here’s hoping! X

Oh great news!! Now let’s pray he stays that way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->