Trantrums?

HannahGraceee

*Hanny Spammy*
Reaction score
How can i stop ava having trantrums at feeding times? - she wants to do it herself!!

what happens if you did let her try and do it herself?

She is just leaning to be independant, I would just let her get stuck in and explore her food :D or what I do with Rosie is give her some finger foods on her tray and feed her puree x

I try and let her be inderpendant - give her toast and loads of finger foods, but when i get down to giving her the pureess she screams and crys :( - i might let her give herself a pureee, i would have to have a water prooff matt :lol:

Give her a spoon to hold? Amelie is like this too.. she understands to put the spoon in her mouth but doesn't understand she has to scoop more from the bowl :( then she gets frustrated and cries.

ok i just tried letting her give herself some, and she put it in her eye, and then cired :| :blush: bless her

i think im gonna have to let her cry when feeding

What about making finger foods a bigger part of her diet if she likes being independent?

Give her a spoon to hold? Amelie is like this too.. she understands to put the spoon in her mouth but doesn't understand she has to scoop more from the bowl :( then she gets frustrated and cries.

I used to do that too - Sam got to a stage where he wanted to do everything himself so I'd give him his own spoon and he'd then let me feed him with another one x

Don't worry about her poking herself in the eye, she'll soon learn where her mouth is! Aisling tends to start around her eyes and then drag the spoon down to her mouth. Otherwise we'll both hold the spoon and I help her guide it to her mouth but she does most of the work. Then I bring the bowl to the spoon to get more on, it'll be a while before she knows how to use the spoon herself. Aisling is generally much more interested if she gets to use the spoon!

I have to give Darwin his own spoon to hold or he'll refuse to eat. He doesn't necessarily need to use the spoon, but he likes to hold it! I sometimes offer him a rusk, puffed vegetable treat, piece of banana or other finger food at the same time as his junior food or puree and just alternate with him - he takes a bite, I give him a bite, he chews his treat, I shovel in some more puree, etc. He'll also dip his treat into the puree and get some that way.

Basically if she wants to do it herself, spread out some newspapers, strip her down to her diaper, and let her try! This is the #1 reason Darwin's supper is immediately followed by his bath ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->