trapped gas?

bump2be

Reaction score
Need some advice ladies. I don't want to call my midwife in case it's nothing.

All day today i've had really bad pain and cramping. It feels like it could be trapped gas, but I'm also wondering if I'm having contractions. I had a scheduled c section with my first baby so I'm not sure what contractions are supposed to feel like.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Should I be concerned??

Constant, but waves of greater pain which made me think they might be contractions. No other signs of labour though.

It probably is gas pains give your midwife a call just in case and describe the pain to her. Always better to be safe than sorry. Good luck :hugs:

Try laying on your side and shifting into different positions to relieve gas pains. Sometimes I get period-like cramps only to discover they were gas pains. And sometimes constipation, even if only a little bit. Colace and hydration is what helped me with that problem. The gas pains can even feel like waves. But unless they're time-able, getting closer together, or increasing in intensity, I don't think you have a need to call the midwife. This is my first and I keep thinking I should call at the first sign of a contraction but then I remember they won't care until I'm having them regularly (the 5-1-1 rule). I'm 39 weeks and I don't think I've had one contraction yet other than BH!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->