Travel Systems - which is best?

iluvcocopops

Mum to Molly-Rose
Reaction score
i need to get a new travel system with car seat, pram & stroller. I drive a Yaris, so need one that folds down small enough to fit in my car boot. Want one that comes with a safe, but light weight car seat for carrying baby in.

My old travel system was a Graco Symbio & I found the car seat very heavy, couldn't lift it with my baby in it by the time she was 2 months old (and she was 5wks premature). Also found it quite big & bulky to maneuver around shops (even though it did fold up neat).

Any advise or opinions very welcome x

I have a Cosatto giggle 2, its very easy to steer and folds down flat. I dont have the car seat so can't say how heavy it is. My aunt has a maxi cosi (sorry don't know what model) she doesn't have too much trouble carrying a 3 month old in it and the chassis seems quite compact

Have you considered the Babyzen Yoyo? It's tiny (folds small enough to go in the overhead locker of a plane) and can take the usual car seats (maxi cosi etc) and has a newborn pram option before switching to a forward facing seat at 6months. It's not cheap but it's great!

We've just bought the cosatto giggle 2 also. This is #1 so we haven't actually used it with a baby in but the carseat isn't heavy (I'm quite small so needed to make sure it wasn't massive and heavy so I can actually move it!) We've pushed the pram around the shop and home and we love it so far. We chose it because of the good reviews (and the awesome prints)

You guys have more options over where you live but in Canada/USA we've found the UppaBaby Vista to be the lightest most compact (I just sold my hatchback and carried it in the small boot for the first year of DD's baby-hood). We're having twins now and because this stroller came with the bassinet, the babies will ride in the bassinet while DD will take front seat in the toddler seat. Then we can get a skate for it when she doesn't want to sit and the twins are big enough for their own seats. The Chicco 30 is the compatible car seat which is uber compact for the car.

Other comparables that we looked at were the Britax Bready and City Select and both of these are 5-10 pounds heavier with longer wheel bases which makes maneuvering them much more difficult with a full load of groceries or kiddos. You also pay extra for the bassinet with these other ones whereas it comes free with the Uppababy Vista.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->