Travel whilst TTC?

jsst

Reaction score
Hi guys! My first post here, and just wanted to get peoples thoughts on a dilemma. Me (and hubby) are thinking of maybe going to visit friends out in China this summer but we're also TTC at the moment so I'm really not sure whether to go or not.

On the plus side I'd obviously like to go. I'm also reluctant to postpone going on the basis of something that hasn't even happened yet, and (judging from the last few unsuccessful months) also might not happen in the future. Even if I do get pregnant I'm not going to be near giving birth. Plus if we're going to go it would be easier to go without a small child!

On the downside, I'm a little worried about food. I've never been to China before so I might not be being fair here, but what's the food hygiene like? Also, I might end up not feeling well enough to go, or at least not well enough to enjoy it - but can you claim for a cancelled holiday on insurance on the basis of a pregnancy?

I say go!!! If you end up PG I would just ask your DR or study the food and the culture and stick with safe food that you know is safe! If you are PG it would be a nice get away before the baby comes! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->