Travelling with morning sickness?

carmela88

Mummy 2 princess+ttc#2
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have a 5 hour car journey tomorrow from Nottingham to Edinburgh. I am absolutely dreading it!! I feel constantly sick at the moment and I just know the car journey will make me feel worse. I wish I could drive as I know drivers don't suffer as much.

What do I do ladies! Those travel bands don't work for me, can I take motion sickness tablets? I want to cancel the trip, the only thing stopping me is the fact my family would be upset if I didn't go.

Any tips? :flower:

Take a bin or lots of freezer bags just in case and try to sleep? Keep eating if it helps, sit very still. Stop when u need to. Are you driving? If not, just try and relax and listen to something to take your mind off it. Morning sickness is worse if you focus on it, distraction is key!

I packed a cooler full of things I knew I could eat, like fruit and other odd things. I also take zofran and other meds but the nausea is still full force.
I have a 14 hour car trip coming up next month, I'll be just about 14 weeks and I'm praying I feel better by then!!

You can take Zofran for the nausea, and I'm not sure if you have them in the UK, but preggie pop drops help too. I make 2 hour car trips quite frequently, and I have a puke bag that they have at the hospital that I keep tucked in my door (It has a little ring and the bag folds out). I am not sure about taking motion sickness tablets, you may have to do more research or ask your doctor.

Thanks for the tips guys! Sick bags are certainly coming on the journey. I love the idea of a cool bag for food but I don't have one. I don't think doctors prescribe zofran for m/s in the uk. It seems to be more for people who are having chemotherapy.

I think I'm just going to have to suck it up and hope some sucky sweets will get me through :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->