Trial diet for a week

Okay the deal on carbs is very confusing. Basically their are two types of carbs they are sugars and starches, carbs that sugar are bad for you and those that are starchy (wheat flour, beans, potatoes etc) are good for you. So simply look for foods that are low in sugar but high in fibre, fibre aids digestion and the breaking down of fats.

Where it gets confusing though is when good starchy carbs get converted through processing to sugary carbs. ie white bread has been stripped of its fibre content, as has white pasta etc, also concentrated fruit juice has been stripped of its fibre and turned into a sugary syrup.

The best bet is to always try to eat food in its most natural form, then you cant go to wrong. ie fresh fruit and veg, whole grains, unpressed meat etc. Not tinned, jared, cartooned, condensed etc.

Cat, what about oats, i love flapjacks but havent had any, jase said i can coz they are slow release.

Sorry to ask lol but you seem to know alot about food groups etc

xx

Oats are a souper food, eat as much as you can, they are one of the best fibres you can get!

If you find that cerials dont fill you up it may be down to the type of cerial it is, as some are slower releasing than others some will fill you up for longer. So far Oat based breakfasts are the only ones I find that will actually fill me up till lunch.

For something really yummy try Oatabix bitsize with apple and sultana they are great.

Oh flapjacks on the other hand arnt to great as they have very high levels of fat and sugar cause its all butter and syrup.

Sorry

I forgot about this :blush:
Bad timimg with all the chocolate from birthday/easter lol

Well ive started today wth cereal which i havent done in years :D
trying it out of curiosity to see if i feel sick after breakfast like i normally do when eating something else

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->