Tried and tested ways to get baby moving?

VickyLou

1 beautiful little lady.
Reaction score
I'm being induced on the 13th if my cervix is soft enough due to baby having a decline in growth and her movements slowing down, no pattern and erratic.
I'd like to try and make it happen in the next two weeks if possible or at least get my cervix favourable so induction won't be so intense.

What tried and tested things have people tried to try and get baby moving naturally?

I'm managing 1 cup of raspberry leaf tea a day, it's vile that stuff and makes me gag. I start 1000mg EPO orally on Monday and inserted my first one lastnight.
There's lots of things on the internet that people say work but I don't want to go out and spend lots of money on pointless things. I know sex is a good one but to be honest we haven't had sex since I found out I was pregnant, as pathetic as it sounds it scares me to have sex again after so long.

Thank you

With my dd we tried everything and the dtd was the only thing that seemed to work but I was 40+6 and had a sweep. So, IMHO she came when she was fully cooked.

I would just suggest plenty of walking. You could try hypnobirthing and if you hate raspberry leaf tea try the capsules. I has a fairly quick active labour using both x

Nipple stimulation gives me contractions...defo worth a try! I've been in slow labour for a week now! Even if the contractions don't mean baby will be born, the ripen the cervix and make it more favourable/easier for baby to come!

Nipple stimulation produces oxytocin (same as what they use for inductions!) just simulate a baby sucking!

Nipple stimulation gives me contractions...defo worth a try! I've been in slow labour for a week now! Even if the contractions don't mean baby will be born, the ripen the cervix and make it more favourable/easier for baby to come!

Nipple stimulation produces oxytocin (same as what they use for inductions!) just simulate a baby sucking!

I've been trying to do that but not sure I'm doing it right cause I don't feel much from it apart from a little weird cause I'm sat there rubbing my own nipples lol. I'll keep trying though :)

I've been trying to do that but not sure I'm doing it right cause I don't feel much from it apart from a little weird cause I'm sat there rubbing my own nipples lol. I'll keep trying though :)

It defo does feel strange but now I've done it a few times it's normal lol although my dog does give me funny looks haha!

I've just done 2 mins on each boob and now having contractions quite strongly which will probs fizzle out but they must be doing something to my cervix!

I do it two ways:

1) start from the edge of the areola with the your fingers and thumbs and sort of bring it outward towards nipple
2) do the same but just on the nipple

Both ways I actually bring out colostrum!

Ive been on my feet, on my exercise ball, eating pineapples etc etc but I suppose bubs will not come until shes ready. I've lost hope from mine just waiting for her due date.

I've heared deep squats can help expand the pelvis and more the little one down and some acupressure points on your hands and feet. Worth a try right?

With my second I decided to try some things to get baby moving didn't think it would work but I literally had the baby 10 hours later...
I bought a loaf of French bread and dipped in balsamic vinegar and oil (more vinegar than oil as balsamic vinegar is said to potentially help start the labour process), I ate insanely spicy pasta (I added a TON of franks red hot cause spicy stuff can help too). I also ate an entire pineapple which can also help.
That worked for me, had the baby shortly after :)

Thanks ladies. I'll give it go,I'll go and buy some pineapple tomorrow, get stimulating my nipples, get on my ball and look into pressure points. Anything that will help either bring on labour or at least soften my cervix enough for induction. :)

Pineapple..... Does it have to be a fresh one?

I would be concerned about trying to get that baby out before it's done cooking... Your dr probably scheduled your induction when they did because it's best for your little person to cook a bit longer...

Nothing works, i tried more 'fun' things with #2 she was even more overdue my guess is i annoyed her lol

Reading up its all to do with baby brain sending signals to mum to say its time to come out its unlikely anything does work.

I mean sex does help if your already dilated your body is making the hormones to get it going more.

Also your not 37w and RLT doesnt help put you into labour.

Enjoy your remaining days pregnant i put money on you'll miss it when its over :)

I would be concerned about trying to get that baby out before it's done cooking... Your dr probably scheduled your induction when they did because it's best for your little person to cook a bit longer...

Doctor said it was fine for her to come next week naturally if I wanted to try and get her to come, he booked the induction for the week after cause that's when he's available.

Nothing works, i tried more 'fun' things with #2 she was even more overdue my guess is i annoyed her lol

Reading up its all to do with baby brain sending signals to mum to say its time to come out its unlikely anything does work.

I mean sex does help if your already dilated your body is making the hormones to get it going more.

Also your not 37w and RLT doesnt help put you into labour.

Enjoy your remaining days pregnant i put money on you'll miss it when its over :)

I know I'm not not 37 weeks what does that matter? I'm 4 days away from being 37 weeks. Doctor said he will be happy for her to come at 37 weeks or later. I no it's not going to happen over night if anything does work hence why I asked early. I also no RLT doesn't put you in labour it helps with the contractions.

And I doubt I'll miss pregnancy, I've hated every last second of it. It hasn't been the easiest journey to be on from start to finish.

Try using a massage chair. If you don't have one go to the mall and sit in one. I read online that using one can bring on contractions so the companies have warned against them for pregnant women (some companies have been sued because the chairs causing preterm labour). The article said that the chairs cause contractions due to pressure points in the back that cause Labour. Gl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->