Trigger shot not working?

RedRose19

Expecting baby 4!
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with a trigger shot not working?
I'd trigger shot with Clomid, I only ever had one follicle on one cycle the rest were unsuccessful, but even this one follicle was only 1.4cm my fertility nurse got me to trigger 3 days later as she said it would be mature by then, no pregnancy but also no af came, I'd to take meds to bring on af, which makes me believe the trigger shot didn't actually make me ovulate! Nurse said the follicle could of stopped growing and not mature enough.

Anyway now I'm on injectibles and I took the trigger shot CD 11 as I'd two big follies on CD 10, 1.9and 1.7 so she said by the next day they should be 2.1and 1.9
I'm now 3/4 dpo apparently but I'm.worried it didn't work again. Can anyone shine some light on it for me I'm so confused.

I would say the 1.4 follie was on the small side, it's possible it didn't mature enough. The two from this cycle seem better possibilities. If you have mature follies, then a trigger almost always guarantees ovulation. Nothing is perfect, but this close to foolproof.

To confirm that you ovulated, you could do 2 things:

1) do basal body temping (bbt) for your cycle; your temp will rise after you actually ovulate so you can tell, but you have to do it the whole cycle so you can see the difference

2) have a blood progesterone test done about 7 days after expected ovulation date

If you get pregnant, then you know you ovulated! Hope that's what happens for you. GL.

Thanks I hope it was just a case of the follicle before was too small. I did get cramping after the trigger. But it continued after the 48 hours so was. worried it didn't work.
Yes I booked my local gp for bloods fingers crossed I just want confirmation it worked

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->