Trip to the ER tonight

koomy56

Reaction score
Hi girls..I guess I am just wanting to share my story and get some extra support. At about 6 pm tonight I went to the bathroom and bled a fair amount into the toilet. It was dark dark red, almost maroon, but mostly terrifying. I had spotted brown around 7 weeks but the amount that I spotted then was so much less that I wasn't too concerned. I will be 10 weeks on Thurs and my first appointment is scheduled for that day as well. Of course we panicked, and phoned the hospital and they advised me to come in.
Unfortunately they couldn't do an ultrasound b/c it wasn't available after 5. But they drew blood, and did a pelvic exam and the doc said I felt about 10 weeks but that my uterus was titled pretty far back and that is probably why they couldn't find the heartbeat as it was farther away and harder to find. She also said their equipment was outdated (small town hospital?) but it's not uncommon to not find the heartbeat at 10 weeks. God I hope she's right. :sad1:
My uterus is definitely closed, which is a great sign. I have no cramping, which is also great. She didnt seem to think it was an impending miscarriage but the ultrasound will give us the most information..
I am calling my main doc tomorrow to see if she thinks she needs to see me sooner, or if I can just wait until Thurs morning. UGH. This stuff is so scary!
Anyways..keep me in your thoughts, send some good vibes, and I'll post an update.

if ur only 10 weeks and its old equipment they dont usually hear anything on old stuff till week 13...

so try not to worry :hugs:

Thatd awful. You must be so worried. Good luck, I hooe you get to see your baby soon x

Keep us posted, this is such a scary time, there is so much that can go wrong. Wishing for good news for you and that your doc can get you in quickly to see that baby on u/s

Hope you get some answers soon and sorry you are going through this:hugs:

I had a moderately big bleed at around 5w2d and then spotted for two weeks. Then nothing for a week, then I've now been spotting for about 4-5 days again. I check the heartbeat with my doppler for reassurance, and everything is ok. I get cramps too - since blood in the uterus is an irritant and it hurts.

I have/had a subchorionic hemorrhage (SCH), and that is the most common reason for bleeding/spotting in pregnancy. They normally don't pose a problem, just a whole lot of worry and are annoying. Ask about a SCH and see if that is the cause of your bleeding. Lots of hugs!!!! :hugs: Fx

Thank you ladies. :) My doc said to take it easy and to come in tomorrow as scheduled.
Still bleeding a little bit this morning, but I am in better spirits. I had no idea being pregnant would be so worrisome!

I had this between 12-16w last time, sometimes the flow was a big flood all at once and I spotted for weeks inbetween. Mine was due to a subchorionic hematoma which resolved at 20w. I went on to have a normal natural delivery at 38w :flower:

I had a significant bleed at 10 weeks and 16 weeks. Mine was caused by a cervical erosion that wasn't discovered until the second bleed. It had no impact on my pregnancy and I now have a very healthy 18 month old. Good luck, I know how scary it can be.

Thank you to each and every one of you! I am laying low today, movie marathon for this girl. :) Although I am still showing signs of bleeding Im doing ok. I hope that this can fall into the category of your stories, that everything turns out to be just fine..Tomorrow can't come soon enough!!

Thank you to each and every one of you! I am laying low today, movie marathon for this girl. :) Although I am still showing signs of bleeding Im doing ok. I hope that this can fall into the category of your stories, that everything turns out to be just fine..Tomorrow can't come soon enough!!

Will be thinking positive thoughts for you koomy56!

Sad news for us today. Baby stopped developing at 8 weeks, so no heartbeat or movement. Overwhelmed with sadness..

Oh no, I'm so sorry!!!! I really thought things would be ok for you. Huge :hugs: during this difficult time. I'm so very sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->