Tristan korey francis is here!

lisaandsprog

Mother of two, nearly 3!
Reaction score
Well he's here! :happydance:
I went into labour friday evening after having really painful "braxton hicks" the night before. I went in friday morning to be examined to be told i WASNT in labour and that i was just having braxton hicks.:hissy: i was like "errr no, actually, i know what contractions feel like and i AM having them!!". I was then examined again by a doctor who told me i was 3 cm dilated. Then the same midwife came bk and told me that no i wasnt, it was because id had kids before that id never completely closed. Basically i dont think anyone really had a clue. Anyway they decided to keep me in to keep an eye on me and the contractions got stronger and closer togther. No one would examine me again untill my contractions were 5 mins apart. i felt like i was dumped in this room on my own untill someone had time to deal with me :cry:.
Anyway when someone eventually DID examine me i was 4 cm dilated. I was then sent down to the labour suite.
There i met my LOVELY midwife lisa, who was a saint. she exmined me again and this time i was 6 cm dilated. I informed them that i wanted an epidural but she told me that the anesthesist was in theatre and id have to wait and that depending on how quickly i dialate, i may not be able to have one at all :cry:
At that point i think i really started to panick - i hadnt even considered the possability of NOT being able to have one! :dohh:
They gave me a shot of pethadine which actually wasnt too bad. The guy eventually came out of theatre and was making his way down to me, when there was an emergency and he had to rush bk to theatre. i nearly cried. The midwife informed me that i was now 10cm dilated and it was too late for an epidural. She also informed me that i couldnt have any pethadine because it would compramise his breathing. So i was left with gas and air. I always said i wouldnt use gas and air because last time with my son, it made me dizzy and i threw up. But lisa assured me that if i breathed it in properly it shouldnt have that affect. I was desperatly afraid of pushing him out so i took some. It didnt make me dizzy and sick. In fact, it didnt do ANYTHING at ALL. I delivered him at 3.19am saturday morning without any pain relief at all, and it BLOODY HURT! LOL! But he was so worth it! He was born at 36 weeks and weighed 5lb 5oz. He came into the world screaming at the top of his lungs, then promptly peed on the midwife! :rofl:
Here is a picture of my little sweetheart - hope it works:

Attachments

• Myphotos096.jpg
    Myphotos096.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 40
OOOOOH He is GORGEOUS Hunni !

Congratulations :happydance: :hugs::hug:

Oh sweety congrats!! Couldn't stop starring at that pic, jeez he is beautiful! :hugs: Kisses for big bro and big sis!

Congratulations he is sooo cute, another may mummy :)

Huge congrats hun, he's gorgeous!

Sorry you started off with such a crappy experience but glad you got a good midwife in the end xx

he is GORGEOUS! my god! :hugs: what an agnel face :cloud9: and sooo tiny!

Congratulations - Good Job :) He's adorable!

massive massive congratulations - I was beginning to wonder what happened to you little lady!

Very pleased for you and your new little man!
:yipee:
xoxox

Thanks everyone, i think he's pretty darn gorgeous myself! i tried to get on here sooner using patientline, to update u guys, but it was rubbish and i just couldnt work the thing!!! lol! x

Ohhhhhhhh my beautiful baby. Sorry about the hard time you went through. I hate when doctors don't listen to us. Big big hugs to you and congrats!

Congrats!!! bet he took you by surprise at 36 weeks though! :hug:

Lmao at him weeing on the m/w - shame it wasnt on the first one who said you wernt in labour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->