Trouble agreeing on a name

Brz04

Reaction score
Ok so I knew the moment I found out that I was having a boy that DH and I would have BIG problems deciding on a name. We used to fight about boy names before I even got pregnant when we would talk about having kids! His way of thinking is that the man should name the boys and the woman should name the girls because that's what his parents did. Sorry but I am not ok with that!!! I think it should be a compromise but we just cannot seem to agree on any names! I joke that were just going to have to name him baby #1 ha. I honestly think a big part of the problem is that DH is stubborn (so am I) and HE wants to have the name that he wants so he purposely disagrees with every name that I suggest (he can't possibly dislike ALL the many names I've suggested!). Anyone else have such an opinionated DH when it comes to names?? I am honestly surprised he's being like this because he is so laid back about everything else!

Maybe consider each writing a separate list of all the names you both like and then go through them. There may be the same name on each of your list.

I had a very short list of names and DH didn't seem to like them. Then one day I listed about 20 and he ended up liking only one of them. That name will be our son's name. Boys names are much more difficult to come up with than girls. good luck!

me and my hubby had that trouble with boy names but after the 19 week scan it looks like we are having a girl so im so relieved as we have had a girl name for a while. if it was a boy i think it wouldnt of had a name lol we could not agree on any boy names at all

Omg I could have written this post myself its scary!! We are having the exact same issue, I have suggested pretty much every name under the sun including satan! But he just poo poos them all, he also suggested that if its a girl I name and if a boy he names and while that was fine for his ex when they had their son, I am not gelling with it no way no how.

The names he like consist of Neil Francis after the manager of celtic football club, and although I've said point blank I'm not naming my child after a football manager, but Neil? Francis? They're not even nice names, then he wanted castiel, after the angel from the TV show supernatural, and while I like supernatural as a TV show I do not want to name my son after one of the characters especially if it means he would be cas for short!

We did have a couple that we both liked we loved Deacon Patrick, I still do but he just said one day, nope I don't like Deacon anymore, we both liked Nolan, but again he went off of it without reason, I know that it should be a name that you like forever so if he's gone off it it's fine, but we were back to square 1.
At the moment we're waiting to see if its a girl or boy fx'd for girl as this a done deal, Stella, sorted agreed, but if its a boy *sigh* I don't know, I suggested we just all him 'boy' ha ha

Hope you manage to find something, I think that when the right name comes we'll both know it and it'll be right, I hope anyway!

Good luck!

I pick my kids names. I try and not pick a name oh hates but I dont really care. Ive had to be pregnant, give birth etc lol

haha my OH is the same, I think he does it to wind me up! it drives me nuts, he says no to every boys name I suggest and gives a wee dismissive sentence for each one :dohh: and will only suggest ridiculous names :brat:

I cried one night because I'm not going to get to use any of the lovely names I want :haha: hormones eh!

Oh I could of written this post LOL. We don't agree on this babies name at all, the other 2 were easy peasy. I've agreed if we don't have a name we both love to write a list and wait till babies here lol

I'm sorry you're having this issue. I lucked out on this end. My husband said as long as I didn't name our baby something like Apple iPod or North West, he was good. lol

Thanks ladies at least I know I'm not alone on this one!! I agree it is more difficult to think of cute boy names than girl names!

Someone has to compromise somewhere . We had issues because I'm pickier and we have different taste in names . have to talk to your husband and let him know that you don't like the names he wants so you guys re going to have to compromise on something else

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->