Trouble sleeping! (Rant!)

Waiting4Baby

Reaction score
Yesterday, I got a total of four hours in bed, not necessarily sleeping. I was in and out of bed to pee, sneeze and blow my nose, pee again, etc. My allergies were just so horrible I had to get up and stay up. I didn't want to wake up my husband and I wasn't really sleeping anyway. So, that sucked.

Today, I got more sleep, but it was, again, very broken up. I had to get up to pee only once or twice, but my ribs were killing me!! They've been hurting when I'm sitting and I slouch too much, so I'll just sit back and it feels better, but now apparently I can't lay on my side! I also can't sleep on my back because baby smashes everything... so what option do I have left? I ended up sleeping on the couch because it's the only way to sleep with my head & back elevated, seeing as I only have one pillow.

I can't explain to you the agony I was waking up in. It's only on the right side right under my boob that hurts and it hurts whether I'm laying on my right or left... used to be I could just turn over onto my left side and it would be fine... not anymore.

So, now, I think that today is my day to go shopping for a memory foam pad for my mattress. (Did I forget to mention? Our mattress is horrible and I can feel pretty much every single spring digging into me.) I used to have one and it helped A LOT with getting comfy, and as far as I remember, didn't cost more than like, $30. So, that's easier for now than buying a whole new mattress that I can't afford because we need baby things and possibly an exterminator for ants!! :hissy:

Oh, and if it's not my ribs, then I wake up because I smashed or hit my ankle that's all swollen and sore from hitting it on my OH's truck.

By the way, it seems like lately my OH and I have had very bad luck, almost like every day is "one of those days" where everything goes wrong and you somehow manage to screw everything up. :cry:

I reckon I'll have to break down and talk to my doctor about my ribs and allergies keeping me up at night. But I have a very hard time remembering my questions and comments for her when I see her. :blush: I'd blame it on pregnancy brain, but I've always been like that with doctors. Somehow they completely distract me and I lose my memory of preparing for the appointment.

hope the memory foam helps you!!! maybe try getting a pregnancy body pillow also!! hope your allergies ease up. The rib pain is prob from your uterus stretching and pushing your other organs up to your ribs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->