troublesome toddler

zowie_86

Reaction score
hi guys just wondering if any one is having behaviour problems with their toddler,my little boy is nearly 3 and at the moment he is really defiant,he egnores everything i say and has started shouting at me a lot,at the moment im using the naughty corner wich he hates and gets realy upseat but as soon as he gets out he acts like he was never there i am 5 month pregnant and wondering if that has anything to do with it. another thing he still wakes up on a night and climbes in to our bed ive tried to keep putting him bk in his own bed repeatedley but he ends up getting really upseat and destressed. please help any ideas?

My son too is nearly 3 and he's becoming more defiant, but we are very strict and what we say goes no matter how upset he gets or the tantrum he throws - seems to help. He does the same thing getting up in the night. Cause he is fully potty trained during the day and for nap times, and we've been working on bed time for a while. So lately his excuse for sleeping with us is that he peed and needs new pants which equals sleep with mom and dad. I let that go once and that was a mistake as now when I put him back in bed it's a big problem, however back he goes and the last few times it's been ok.

They're at that age they're learning what works right - use to be monsters that made him need to sleep with us and now it's the peeing thing (he's in a pullup i don't put him in a wet bed lol)

I use to give in to him occasionally and it didn't matter. Now I can't. cause if I do he pushes more and more. so no more breaks for the boy. back to the super strict parents we use to be :p

thanx so much im glad to hear im not on my own,my little boy is also in pull ups on a night only,n he has started to take them off in the middle ov the night falling back asleep and wetting the bed wich results in sleepin with mummy n daddy,as you probably no yourself being pregnant trying to get comfortable on a night is hard enough so 3 in a bed isnt ideal. i guess its just persistance.

I have a 3 year old, a 21 month old and a 3 month old. The three year old is a total nightmare and acts like a teenager. We use the naughty step and when she gets sent to sit on it, she sings "I love the naughty step".......very annoying.
She also wakes in the night sometimes but that is down to have night frights....not unusual at this age as they grow fears, some rational, some not!!!
All I would say is to ensure that every day you make time for him, even if it's just 5 minutes of quality time reading a book, having a cuddle, playing a game.....it will make him feel reassured and it will be something that will be even more important to do once the baby arrives.

My troublesome toddler has just hit 4 years of age and has literally grown out of it..... it really is just a phase (I honestly felt as though it would never end - but it did!!).

Benn was like that when he was just turning three he was a complete terror when i was preggers and he hasnt really changed most of the time he is fine but i find i have to ask him time and time again. He has had a few jealousy issues but nothing major i make sure i super fuss him but doesnt seem to be helping i hope he snaps out of it soon. i thought about getting him a reward chart to reward good behaviour and see if that helps.

My two year old is a complete nightmare at the moment, won't sleep untill we go to bed (which with the new baby is midnight at least!) so he's tired and grumpy all the time and extremely defiant. He has also developed selective hearing.....only responding to me when I'm offering something nice!! It's soo frustrating. I just hope to god he grows out of it as I'm really struggling to cope and just seem to be shouting at him every second of the day which I hate! Just glad I'm not alone it seems xxx

I have a 3 year old, a 21 month old and a 3 month old. The three year old is a total nightmare and acts like a teenager. We use the naughty step and when she gets sent to sit on it, she sings "I love the naughty step".......very annoying.
She also wakes in the night sometimes but that is down to have night frights....not unusual at this age as they grow fears, some rational, some not!!!
All I would say is to ensure that every day you make time for him, even if it's just 5 minutes of quality time reading a book, having a cuddle, playing a game.....it will make him feel reassured and it will be something that will be even more important to do once the baby arrives.

i laughed and laughed at this, my 3 yr old daughter is the same, she will say to me shall i go to the naughty step now Mummy, i love it there is so lovely and quiet - then she just looks at you smiling and you so want to scream !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->