True blood books & shows

Reedy

Outnumbered x
Reaction score
I have just started reading True Blood & I'm currently on the 3rd book x I want to start watching the show too but want to have read the books first so my question is:

is each book classed as one series of the show?? i.e book 1 is series 1, book 2 series 2, book 3 series 3 etc etc???

Yeah generally each book follows a series. So if you wanted to watch series 1 then you should be fine. They are my favourite books and its my favourite show, enjoy!!

There are some changes from the books to the show but it shouldnt take away from the books though, I read them all after watching series two xx

Series 1 and book 1 generaly stick to the same story but after that it all gets a bit mixed up, personaly I prefer the books over the show as its more discriptive but with the show you can perve over Eric :)

Series 1 and book 1 generaly stick to the same story but after that it all gets a bit mixed up, personaly I prefer the books over the show as its more discriptive but with the show you can perve over Eric :)

Amen.

<3 Eric <3

Thanks guys x
Going to order the first 2 series from lovefilm now cant wait x

No, its all gone to pot in season 4. My OH has read all the books right to the end and lots of things are different and missed out or changed. So, Id say read the books then watch the series with an open mind. x

Either treat the books and the TV show as 2 completely different entities or pick one and stick with it! Neither me nor my husband can deal with the differences very well! My husband quit watching properly part way through the 1st season as the changes annoyed him so much! I watched season 1, read the books, got ridiculously angry over season 2, quit season 3 8 episodes in and am now too scared to watch season 4 as book 4 is particularly special to me (Eric fest! Mmmmm...) and I just know deep down they've wrecked it! Unless you're much better than I am at compartmentalising things then I personally wouldn't bother with the tv show! The books are better anyway and you can still Eric perv, it just has to be in your head rather than in front of you! :haha:

Beca :wave:

I'd say finish all the books first then watch the TV series, the books are better but the TV series is fabby too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->