Trying for a boy

Mrs. Kim

Mother of one daughter
Reaction score
Hey ladies,
I've been reading a lot of online material saying that if you want to try to conceive a boy you should BD as close to ovulation as possible. Any experience or any thoughts on this? Il'l be happy either way with a boy or girl but since I have a girl already I think it will be nice to have a little boy. TIA

i had sex the day before i ovulated and i have my son :D lol only living child but its best to have sex maybe 1-2days before you ovulate so many have sex the moment your Ov tests get positive, male sperm apparently dies within 2-3days where as female sperm lives for up to 7days so get BD'ing once you get that positive ov xx best of luck x

I was reading in "What to Expect Before You're Expecting" and they gave the different theories that people have on how to have a boy or a girl. Ultimately the book said several of the methods contradict themselves, lol You have a 50/50 shot! Good luck!!!

There are definitely ways to sway the odds, and I understand the most effective way is diet. I want a boy too, so I looked into it a little bit. To sway boy, you should be a bit deficient in calcium and magnesium (those sway girl), and heavy on potassium and sodium. You should not be losing weight while swaying boy, and I got the impression you really should be gaining some... Since I'm trying hard to lose, I decided maybe having a girl would be fine. Heehee.

id love a boy as i have a girl already! But since i have no idea when i ovulate that could be tricky lol, but thats interesting!x

if u us opk have sex the 2days u get pos opk only x

My friend had 3 girls in a row.. then got a son after using the method of BD'ing as close to OV as humanly possible, using OPKs. Hers had a gradient affect - started out faint, then got darker as OV approached, and faded as the LH faded. She DTD on the days the test line was darker than the control line, and not sooner.. because she had some information that, male sperm are faster, but less hardy, than female sperm. So to sway a boy, DTD closest to OV as possible, give it the best chance of a boy sperm making it there. It worked for her! :thumbup:

We DTD the day before ov and had a baby girl :)

I bd on exact day of ovulation last time and I got a little girly. I think its just the luck of the draw although lots of scientists will say otherwise x

i have a boy so would love a wee girl by my son is not my partners so he wants a boy but i have always been out numbered by boys lol

I conceived both boys bding on day of ovulation. Now I tried the cut off method hping we caught the egg. bd on the 26,27,28 o on the 31st

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->