Trying Not to Panic

IndigoDreams

Reaction score
Quick background - I'm 41. had a mmc October 1st at 7 weeks.
LMP was November 26, got my BFP December 20 and have had good pregnancy symptoms.

This past monday I had my first early scan and the woman doing the scan said the date of my LMP was November 20. I told her the correct date but don't know if she was able to change it in the computer.
During the scan she was saying "Looks good" and "9.9 (I'm guessing mm?)" She said "Oh did you see that?!" There was a flicker, tried to get a better look at the heartbeat (flicker) and we'd see it but then not. I wasn't too concerned because I know alot of people don't see the heartbeat early on. Plus she said "A couple more days and we'd be seeing a steady heartbeat."
She said "over all everything looks good" Tubes good, good blood flow, etc... And the cervix is closed. I didn't get a picture but everything looked like most 6ish week scans I've seen. :shrug:

Wednesday, a nurse called and said that the Dr. was concerned and wanted my HCG levels checked. They came back at 12,000. I'm to go back Friday am to make sure they're doubling. (Or at least increasing at a good rate.)

I guess I'm really worried because I've had 3 nurses call and the first thing they ask is "Are you spotting, bleeding or cramping?" I'm not, in fact, I feel good. Still have good symptoms...
I know there isn't much I can do except wait for tomorrows HCG levels and have another scan on Monday but I was wondering if anyone had been through something like this and what the outcome was?

Sorry about the book, I just don't have anyone to talk to about all this.

:hug: Sounds nerve wracking, but I have heard that once you see the heartbeat, your m/c risk drops to 1% So, if that is true, then seeing the heartbeat is a good sign. I'll keep you in my thoughts and keep us updated. :hug:

Firstly congrats on your lovley news, I think I missed it!:hugs: I wouldnt worry about the the dates being out at this point, they arnt real accurate as babies grow at different rates. Perhaps they are just being dilligent with you, all the phone calls, because of your previous history and age, I will be happy if they scan and test the hell our of me when I get pregnant again!:haha: Havnt been through what you going through, all good signs though if there is a heart beat and nice blood flow, wanted you to know Im thinking of you hun, hope it doesnt cause you too much stress.:hugs:

Thanks ladies! I keep telling myself that everything is looking good but these nurses sound like Grim Reapers when they call:haha:

I've been stalking you WannaB! I'm impatiently waiting for you to get your BFP!!

I'm impatiently waiting for it too! :rofl: It will come, I wont be able to catch you, but I will join you soon hun!:hugs:

I think it's strange firstly that they are worried. The scan results were really good.! Also HCG levels can be unreliably once you are passed 6 weeks / 10,000.

If they are worried (which I see no reason for them to be) they should be doing a follow up scan, not HCG tests. Are they scanning you again?

I have had loads of problems already and have had lots of HCG tests early on. They were going up great, more than doubling then once I got to 11,000 they didn't double but scan shows all is fine.

Don't worry, sounds like you will be fine.
x

I had an early scan with this pregnancy at 4 weeks and 5 days and just saw sac and yolc sac. had to wait 2 weeks to for a rescan and baby was there with heartbeat. I had my hcg levels checked on day of 1st scan and they where 2824 and then 7 days later they where rechecked and where 12000. So no where near a double and im 32 weeks now. So if they dont double then dont let them scare you. Once a heartbeat is seen hcg isnt as reliable

It sounds like everything is going well and they are just being cautious. Congrats by the way. :happydance: It's totally nerve wracking and there's so much waiting to be done. I hope everything goes well and I'm sure it will.

No need to appologise about 'the book', it is really helpful and enlightening to read about everyone else's experiences, thoughts and worries. In fact, thank you for sharing. :hugs:

hope all goes well for you hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"