Trying not to worry...

AndiAmsterdam

Reaction score
Hi ladies - I hope all of you are doing well!

This morning, I woke up and went to the bathroom and noticed a bit of bright red blood with a few tiny clots on the paper. There was nothing on my underwear at all and nothing in the toilet bowl, but obviously the worry crept in. It is now about 6 hours later and I haven't had any other bleeding...just the tiniest tinge of pink on toilet paper. I had one brief period of cramping about 30 minutes ago, but it wasn't intense. In fact, it felt just like a period cramp and then it was gone. I am almost 8 weeks pregnant, FYI.

Couple this with the fact that I haven't really been experiencing many symptoms with my pregnancy so far, it's safe to say that I am fully scared! I've only had a few bouts of mild nausea here and there and my boobs have been sore pretty much from day one (and they still are), but that's about it. I sort of feel like my boobs are less sore today, but that could totally just be my anxiety taking over. I've read that sometimes in the case of miscarriage, some women just stop "feeling" pregnant. I am trying to rate how I feel, but it is difficult because this is my first pregnancy, so I have no real sense of how I should feel! Also, due to lack of many symptoms, I can't say I've felt especially pregnant at any point during these first few weeks. I just feel so in the dark.

I've already called my midwife and she said that we should wait and see if I have further bleeding, or if I start having very painful cramps. As an American, I am a bit frustrated by the laid back approach - I am sure if I was in the US, they would at least schedule an appointment to see me. But here in Holland, I think this is fairly common so I am not sure I have any leverage here.

Anyway, I know this type of situation is a big concern for many women in the first couple weeks of pregnancy, but has anyone experienced anything similar? Did everything work out, or what was the outcome? I am so scared and nervous :sad1:

Don't worry, literally just had the same thing happen to me this week. I was so scared. But the bleeding went away and so did the cramping. And the baby and I are fine.

they are laid back where i reside on the east coast. even though i wasnt bleeding (i just read too much on the internet and called them) they let me come in to ease my mind in just two hours of calling. they still approached me with a non-standard way, just told me they'd only do tests if i wasnt having a healthy pregnancy. i appreciated it but honestly, the trip was so not worth it. no tests done, just words and although the doctor was right with his words, i guess i just wanted physical proof from test results to confirm his words. i too felt menstrual cramps starting at 7 weeks and this is when my midwife told me to expect such feeling because this would be my uterus growing. i didnt have spotting even after sex but i did in week 5 but it was tan not red or brown or pink.

i worried so much as this is my first pregnancy too. the best thing you can do is NOT google your symptoms because the internet is full of scary ideas that don't apply to you just because they pop up in the search results. this was my problem. i couldnt help searching! i still get menstrual like cramps but they are now braxton hicks contractions and they are more uncomfortable and intense, not painful really. i dont have bleeding with them but i know some women bleed throughout their pregnancy, like when my grandma and niece was pregnant, and both had healthy babies.

Thanks so much, ladies! I was getting so worked up on Friday that I searched and searched until I found a private scan facility. I called and, by some miracle, they were able to get me in for the last appointment of the day. My husband and I went and everything looks fine! We were even able to see baby's heartbeat - it was amazing! I feel so so much better knowing that everything is going well.

Thanks for your thoughts again!

Yay! Glad you had a happy outcome and got to see the heartbeat!

Aww that's brilliant! Thank goodness for private scans!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->