trying out washable nappies

T

tinytoes

anyone else trying these on their little one?

Ted is just 7 weeks old and we've tried 2 types so far - little lambs and stuffable lites. Both leaked.
I've a few more to try yet (I bought a selection just to see) but so far I've not been impressed and am begining to wonder if my attempts to be environmentally
friendly are doomed.
I want a baby with a dry bum...not one sitting in pee stained clothes. :-(

Hi

We use Babybeehinds and they've been fine. We didn't start trying them until they weighed 8lbs though (they were 5lbs + when they were born).

It definitely got easier as they got older though.

What other ones do you have to try?

Helen

x

I use terries, they can be folded according to what works for you. I use disposables at night though - but when Kaya was younger it was the disposables that leaked, usually poo right up her back lol

i've a motherease to try - but that's massive - some fuzzibunz, some terries fold yourself ones and another little lamb which is terry cloth instead of the fleece I already tried. I think I've got somethign else too but i forget.

Ted is now 10lbs so I thought he should be big enough to fit them....oooh i hope we find something that works.

Oh - another question - what do you do with your nappy wipes? Do they still go in a nappy bag and into the bin, or do you have washable wipes too?

CDing mamas I know use cheap baby washcloths in solution made with boiled water, and baby bath soap.

I still use cotton wool and water as Kaya's very prone to nappy rash. I use disposable wipes when out and about

I have some reusble ones called bumgenius.yet to try them

I still use cotton wool and water as Kaya's very prone to nappy rash. I use disposable wipes when out and about

but do you bag the cotton wool or just pop them direct in bin?
i cant work out how it can be done smelly-free but environmentally friendly.

at the mo i'm using natural baby bits soap in water https://www.babykind.co.uk/wipes.htm#babybits and some little disposable jey cloh things. Seem more natural for LOs bum than chemical wipes. They wipe better too.

I used pre-folded for a while when Bren was brand new, but soon found I could not keep him dry in them, even with 2 clothes on him. So we gave up for a while and went to disposables. Once he got a big bigger we moved on to BumGenuis and I LOVE THEM. I have had no leaks and they really soak up the wee. I use cloth wipes and just check them in the diaper pail and wash them along with the diapers. It is the easier solution I found. As I have my diaper changing mat in the bathroom, I just turn on the warm water and wet the wipe and clean his bum up.

we are using bambino mio nappies and i am finding them more better thn pampers.

we used pampers for the first 7 days while joshuas cord dropped off and he needed to be changed every hour or so and at night he leaked all the time.

with our washables he needs to be changed every 2-3 hours but i wouldnt want it to be any longer coz it cant be nice sitting in a wet nappy.

i would say these nappies re one of our best buys.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->