Trying something new tonight...

HappiestMom

Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl
Reaction score
going to leave LO in the nursery in her bassinet for the first time...we are right across the hall....she doesnt bother me but her little movements and noises bother hubby and he ends up sleeping in the other bed which is annoying for both of us as night is the only cuddle time we get...and even her little movements bother him and he thinks she needs something or something is wrong lol..so my mom said to just put her in the nursery in the bassinet (we dont have a crib yet) and when shes awake and actually needs something...I'll hear her....I already get up and take her in there in the middle of the night for changes and feedings so as not to disturb hubby with lights and all...so I think it might work out to be the best for all of us and we might get more sleep this way...shes only 2 weeks old but I think she'll be ok...

any reassurances that this is ok to do for our sake...:shrug:

If you can hear her to go to her when she wakes, I think it's ok - I'm sure she will be fine. Good luck x

This is what we do. I know most people on here are all about having them in the room with you, but its not for us. If he was in the room with us, we would BOTH be up all night.

you do whatever works best for you hun. i personally wouldnt do it but as we know every parent and family is different so if your happy with it, go for it!x

I moved Coralie just before 5 weeks - best decision I made :thumbup:

Jamie went in his own room at 2 weeks for the exact same reason I was forever getting out of bed to check him with every little noise

Best thing we did for all of us lol

thanks ladies lol..it doesnt bother me..I mean I know her noises are just her sleeping noises but hubby always wakes up and thinks something is wrong lol...so then he makes me check her and then he goes to the other room

There's nothing wrong with this it's up to u, I personally wouldn't do it but each to there own!

When my lo was born she was in her swinging crib, the top half had a bumper and I placed her at the bottom obv ... Because she was half Way down my bed I used to sleep on the bottom half of my bed so I could see her! .. It drove my oh mad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->