Trying to conceive #2

kenziesmommy1

Reaction score
In july 2009 I went off bc and conceived in aprill 2010. I had a normal, healthy pregnancy. In march 2011 I had the mirena put in. I had that taken out in November 2011 because I had too many problems with it, and went back on birth control. In july 2012 I took the morning after pill(I was laid off). In sept 2012 after receiving my new dream job we decided to start ttc #2. After I took that morning after pill in July I never got a period(while on bc). After coming off bc I still had not had a period. I saw my ob in oct 2012 and he put me on provera. For the next 3 months I still had to take the provera to have a period. January 2013 he added progesterone. I had a period on my own in Feb but none after that. In may 2013 he dx me with PCOS(no ultrasound) and took me off provera and progesterone and put me on 1500mg of metformin, as of date I have not had a period. Is it possible for me to have developed PCOS since having a C-section with my daughter in jan 2011? Did the morning after pill some how mess my system up? Should I be pushing for more extensive testing? I know it took 9 months to conceiver her but I had a period each of those months, I just don't understand why all of sudden after taking that morning after pill they have completely stopped without medical intervention? Also with the metformin how do I know when day 1 is if I have yet to start a period from the last provera round?

Hey,

I have no idea about your situation hun, just wanted to say Im TTC #2 now to, me over

It took me over 1yr to conceive my first (who is now only 10 months) but before I fell pregnant with him I tried soy Isoflavones (which I think caused & resulted) in me having a cyst grow on my ovaries that kept growing until I was admitted with suspected appendicitis, this turned out to be a 5cm cyst which I had key hole surgery to remove & was diagnosed with PCOS, after the cyst was removed I fell within the next 2wks!!! although I did not know until a check up scan 1 month later for my ovaries they told me I was pregnant!!

I hope you get some answer's & I would defo ask for more testing to help you xxx

I'm hoping this time to fall a little quicker, but we are just going to see what happens :)

Hey hun,

I'm also ttc #2! (And to the pp, I also have a 10 month old boy!)

I would definitely push for a confirmed PCOS diagnosis!! If he diagnosed you without any testing, I would ask to have it confirmed. Especially if the metoformin isn't working for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->