trying to conceive

Valeriachan

Reaction score
My fiance and I have been trying to conceive for over a year now I am thinking it might be because we smoke n that neither one of us is healthy but we are working on both of those problems I was on a birthcontrol method for over a year first with pills then I switched to depo then I got Mirena but I was only on Mirena for 4 months n that was when my fiance and I started trying but had to wait for the depo n the Mirena to get out of my system everyone I know n are people I see a lot are getting pregnant it wasn't bad before may of 2012 bc my fiance n I didn't have our scare but since then like everyone has been getting pregnant n it just is getting harder n harder then about a month ago my older sister got pregnant again n she was only trying for like 6 months or so n she got prego it just has been really hard to be around family bc everyone is making me feel like I should wait longer to have kids plus with my health n no money income right now it is just being a difficulty being around anyone that isn't my fiance bc he knows what it feels like.
I don't know what I should do other then to get healthy n quit smoking n hopefully that works.
I hope to be pregnant soon bc of some time restraint that I really don't know how to explain through message saying it yeah but texting it no.
But I am emotionally suffering bc of the not being prego yet n not knowing why.

I would start by saying you should first start tracking your cycles and see when you ovulate. ttc is a frustrating time for those of us who do not get pregnant right away.
Once you start doing this you will know if you are ovulating or not. Try to have sex before and after ovulation as much as possible.
If you do not see any temp rise after a few months, see your doctor and advise that you have been trying for awhile and would like some blood work done. explain that you have been charting and feel you may not be ovulating.
From there they can look at if you need medication or not.
Good luck

Well u see to the doctors we haven't been trying a year yet bc of the birth controls that I was on them getting out of my system would have been august of 2012 so that would make august when we have been trying for a year so the doctors are keeping me on any meds that wouldn't be harmful while being prego or when trying to get prego so the doctors hands r tied right now plus we have to wait also bc the testing for the males sperm count would be cheaper then the testing for me so they suggest that he gets checked first but he isn't able to make the appointment right now so as of right now we r kinda tied as far as what we can do.

Plus with the not being in a steady home situation my family is stressing the not getting prego yet which I do understand I really do but the waiting and waiting is just becoming a major emotional rollercoaster so it is a major problem for both of us when everyone we know keeps getting prego when we r really trying. In July we will be quiting n we r both going to be losing weight n one of us needs to get a job. Which we would have already if the plan wasn't changed last year which kept us from getting work before everything got this bad. So we really don't know what to do anymore..

Again, Start charting and go from there.
it takes a healthy couple 12 months to conceive and you admitted you are not living me most "healthy" lifestyle.
Get healthy, start charting and hopefully it will happen for you.

Before going on the depo I also had the coil depo is the worst thing I ever did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->