Trying to decide between two breast pumps!

GingerPanda

1DD LTTCRPL + NTNP#2
Reaction score
Would appreciate some insight from ladies who have used one or both of these models. My insurance will 100% pay for either of them, so price is not a factor for me.

This will be my first baby, so I've never used a pump before. If it matters, I'm a D-cup, and I have large, puffy nipples, rather than tight bud-like nipples. They were inverted. Five years ago, I popped them out and got them pierced. Took the bars out last month, and they haven't inverted since. They can get hard, but most of the time, my breasts tend to just gradually go to a point, rather than having a distinct nipple.

I'm trying to decide between the Medela Pump-in-Style Advanced Starter Set and the the Spectra S2. Both have really good reviews. Just need some advice from ladies who have used either of them!

Thank you!

I hace a medela and it's ok but if i'd had the option through my insurance, i would have gotten the spectra since it's hospital grade. I've also heard good things about it.

I agree with PP, media is an open system and is retail grade. I believe the Spectra is hospital grade and thus by definition a closed system.

Spectra is a closed system, yes. I just wasn't sure what exactly that meant. No one in my family breastfeeds. My mom just keeps telling me to formula feed, but I want to try! :)

Spectra is a closed system, yes. I just wasn't sure what exactly that meant. No one in my family breastfeeds. My mom just keeps telling me to formula feed, but I want to try! :)

IT means milk can't get into the motor or other uncleanable parts.

https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/pumping/buying-a-used-or-new-pump/

https://www.breastpumps.com/open_vs_closed_systems

Well, I think that pretty much settles it! Spectra S2, it is!

Thank you, ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->