Trying to figure out where i belong/fit in and iso cbfm tech expert and cbfm buddies

ambertwogood

The Twogood's
Reaction score
I started in the TTC forums, bc this time around I haven't "classified" myself as LTTTC yet, although, I'm not sure if I fit anyway (is it just if you have ever had long term TTCing issue's or just per TTC time? I was a LTTTCer for my first, but we've only been TTC for 4 cycle's since my cycle's returned PP, so I don't really know where I fit in here) I don't really feel like I "fit" into the regular TTC group bc most of those ladies are either trying for a first or have never had fertility issue's. And most of them are new at all this, and I'm not, so the question's I normally do have normally go unanswered over there, bc they are way over their "expertise' level, if that makes sense at all. But then I saw the Second time fertility issue group too, and wondered if that's where I should be.... I don't know and someone else's insight on where I really fit in would great, bc I'm feeling very lonely and unsupported bc majority of my posts go unresponded to for months. :cry:

^That's my first Issue, is figuring out where I really should be here so that I "fit" in and am actually part of a TTCing community instead of feeling like an outsider/outcast :cry:

Second thing- I have a CBFM (old version) and a CB Advanced (just came in) and was hoping that I could find a CBFM "expert/ tech nerd" (and I mean that in the most respectful way and full of admiration ;) ) to PM me about some issue's I'm having with the monitor as well as some other questions I have. If anyone is good at programing, hacking, etc that would GREAT! (seriously) :blush::flower:

Third issue (and one that is dear to my heart) is finding a CBFM (or any OPK monitor you are using "buddy"/ Buddies. I've posted several times looking for other ladies that are using one to no avail, and I know I can't possibly be the only one using the (or any kind of) ClearBlue Fertility Monitor. I feel like anyone using a monitor is kind of in a place all their own bc it's a lot different then just using LH strips and very different issue's, questions, etc come up that the LH strip ladies can't answer bc they don't know the answers. I would love to start (and if a mod is reading this that would be AWESOME ) a stand alone forum just for the ladies TTC while using an OPK monitor for "fertility assistance" and at the very least just a running thread some where for us. So IS THERE ANYONE ELSE USING ONE OF THESE THINGS THAT WOULD LIKE TO BE MY CYCLE/TTC BUDDY? EVERYONE IS WELCOME AND THE MORE THE MERRIER
:flower:

Hey sweetie, I definitely felt exactly how you did when we first started ttc for our second. After 5 long years ttc our first and 2 miscarriaged I kind of had a feeling it wasn't going to be plain sailing, I was unfortunately right about that. 27 cycles later ans 4 mc in total still no baby. I tend to just stick to the journals I follow now as I felt whenever I posted it went unanswered.

As for the clearblue I was up until recent using the adanced monitor and also took park in the clearblue trials. I have stopped using it now though as it didn't seem to work well for me, probably because of my pcos. I just rely on cheap opks strips now as they work better for me and I also chart to confirm ovulation and keep an eye on my ever decreasing lp!

Hey sweetie, I definitely felt exactly how you did when we first started ttc for our second. After 5 long years ttc our first and 2 miscarriaged I kind of had a feeling it wasn't going to be plain sailing, I was unfortunately right about that. 27 cycles later ans 4 mc in total still no baby. I tend to just stick to the journals I follow now as I felt whenever I posted it went unanswered.

As for the clearblue I was up until recent using the adanced monitor and also took park in the clearblue trials. I have stopped using it now though as it didn't seem to work well for me, probably because of my pcos. I just rely on cheap opks strips now as they work better for me and I also chart to confirm ovulation and keep an eye on my ever decreasing lp!

Thank you for responding. Talk about post's going unanswered, LOL. How long ago was it that I posted this? Fortunately, even though this went unanswered, I found a long going thread that I enjoy being a part of, and a couple newer threads that are meant to be long going, that I have since joined. I also have found a CBFM buddy, unfortunately she never receives "Peaks" on her's and has to rely on other methods of tracking as well to make sure she's timing correctly, so even though we are both technically using the monitor, we really aren't in the same boat :( I do appreciate you answering my post though. It's nice to know at least one person out there cared enough to read it AND leave a comment. So, thank you for that. I'm just so confused with everything I'm doing and you would think, the more I add to my charting and the more "high tech" I get that the easier it would be and the more peace of mind I would have, but no. At least, not at this moment. I'm finding it overwhelming and not making sense, bc everything isn't quite matching up, if that makes any sense at all. To top it off, the hub's has decided that of the weeks in the month, this is the week- MY FERTILE WEEK :)growlmad:) !!!!!- that he is going to be "mad" at me and use sex as a weapon. But I did manage to get a BD in this morning, even if I was only using him for his "swimmers" :rofl: Just kidding, I love the man, but geez, this week! REALLY?!? Anyways, you are the one that made the video on Youtube on the monitor, right? I watched it, as after I received the monitor and proceeded to do my due diligence and research everything I could find about it, I quickly learned that there pretty no video's on Youtube about it! Like literally, I think there may be 10 and majority of those are only videos of women takind a "live test" on the monitor. Which is all fine and dandy, but doesn't really do me much good in figuring out the in's and out's of the device. The rest of the video's are "unboxing's"/"initial thoughts" and the few remaining are one explaining how to use the device, exactly as the directions call for, and then I think 2 video's on whether who ever was making the video thought that the monitor was worth what they spent on it. To my shock and dismay, there are no video's of "success stories" or "BFN progressions/BFP progressions" on it, nor are there any video's of any tips and tricks to using the monitor that women have figured out after using for a while. I may just have to make the video's myself, just so other women in my position have something to find on Youtube in reference to the monitor. Maybe I should start a "My TTC Journey with the CBFM"? I've never done a vlog, so I'm not sure how comfortable I would be doing something like that though.

ANYWAYS- I am sorry to hear about the hard road you have been walking during your journey to conceive. I know what it feels like to want a baby so badly, and every month be staring at a one line test. It's awful. I'm also aware of the heartache that this TTCing journey gives us when we finally see those two beautiful pink/blue lines for it to only be stolen from us shortly after. There is not even a word to describe the feeling you have when you find out the pregnancy is no "viable" or you start seeing a degression in line darkness or start bleeding. It's terrible and no matter how many times you go through it, it doesn't get any easier to handle. In fact, I think it gets worse. So, genuinely, my heart and soul goes out to you, and know that you are in my prayers. I hope that you get your rainbow soon and I will be praying for you and sending lots of baby "dust" your way.

As for me, I am just so confused this cycle. My last cycle was a 49day CP. I don't think the pregnancy was ever "viable" from the get go as my hcg level's according to the test's I was taking at home were all over the place. One day I would have a squinter, then neg., then a light line but def there (other people irl could see them), then neg., etc, etc until no lines at all and the bleeding ensued. I was devastated. But I have chosen to jump right back on the horse and keep going, while trying my best to stay positive in doing so. I was glad that I had the monitor in time to use it this cycle. I also have one of the new Advanced models, but it got here too late to use and I don't have the sticks for it anyways (BTW Thanks CB! For making sure that the "old" sticks wouldn't work in the new monitors. Totally genius, you A**holes! As if they aren't expensive enough already? lol) I have been temping this cycle, trying to make sure to take my vit/supp.'s, I added in EPO this cycle, and Instead Soft cups, preseed, and the monitor, with which I have "backed up" with Wondfo's LH strips. I'm pissed, bc I wasted two sticks this morning for the monitor, I didn't know it was just going to "default" me to another Peak fertility day and not ask for another stick, which honestly seems like a defect, not an assest to the machine. It should be reading your personal hormone's everyday, not defaulting to anything. In my case, I would like to know what my LH and estrgen levels are today, but since it didn't "ask" for a stick, I will never know what it would of said. I would like to know if my LH and estrogen have already dropped significantly, if they are still actually peaked, or if they are somewhere in the middle. But nope :dohh::growlmad: My temp this morning went down again, so I'm hoping that mean's that I haven't O'd already and the BDing with a softcup inserted was "perfect" timing for when I do O, either today or tom. FF is predicting today, bc of the Peak I got on the monitor. But I can't check CP/CM now one bc we just BD'd so I wouldn't be able to tell the difference in my own CM and his swimmers, and two bc I'm not distrubing the cup until it's time to remove it. At least I know if was high soft and open last night and my CM was watery/EW. So my finger's are crossed. Do you think that we should BD again tonight? Or would that not be good? (2x's in a 24hr period) Would I be better off doing it again tonight like 11pm-1am or waiting until the morning before he leaves for work. My Wondfo today was still very positive, and according to CB's website, LH drastically decreases immediately following O, have you ever actually recorded this on strips or does it stay + for a few days for you and then slowly lighten up to nothing?

P.s. Sorry for such a long post and THANK YOU if you have even made it this far! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->