Trying to lose weight w/ PCOS in order to conceive (how cruel :P )

Sher8907

Praying For A Girl!
Reaction score
Where to start; I'm 21 years old, 5'7", & as of weighing myself a little bit ago, I weigh 164.8 lbs. About 2 years ago, I stopped taking birth control (which I was one to regulate my periods in order to try to conceive), & my PCOS got out of control.. I gained A LOT of weight. I used to weigh 125 lbs, was a size 5 for years, had a flat tummy. When I stopped taking the birth control, I ballooned, & when I did end up getting pregnant (I have miscarried all 3 times), I gained even more weight. The depression set in, & I couldn't get the energy to go to the gym anymore, so I know in a way it's my fault for letting it get bad.. The doctor says I'm not really overweight; Just in the danger of becoming it, but to have a higher chance of getting pregnant & having a healthy pregnancy, I need to lose about 10-15 lbs.

So here is my question, & I would be so happy for some advice or feedback. I know cardio is best, & so is some weight training. & of course, diet. What are some good exercises to do, & what's a good diet to go about when having PCOS?

Hi Sher, I'm not really sure about the best plan for PCOS but I didn't want to read and run. I'm trying to lose weight too to help regulate my cycles. I've been following a nutrition/fitness plan on sparkpeople.com You plug in your info and they give you a suggested daily calorie range and workout plan. I've just been hiking or going for a walk each day and then either doing 20 min of strength training (resistance band/balance ball) or 20 more min of cardio (dance/step) at night. I've been throwing in some yoga too here and there.

Thank you; I will definitely check it out! (0:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"