Trystin is finally here!! birth story with pics!

frsttimemommy

Trystin's mommy!
Reaction score
Hi girls!!:flower: here is my birth story!

Monday night around 8:30pm i started having small contractions. they weren't terrible so i didn't think anything of them. about an hour later they started getting worse so i went to take a hot bath. they eased up a little so i decided to try and get some sleep. then they started coming hard and they hurt so bad i couldn't sleep. i paced my room and took another bath until about midnight. I started timing them and they were 3 mins apart!! So i woke up my hubby and we went into the L&D. they hooked me up to an IV because i was severely dehydrated and gave me pain meds to sleep. Contractions continued all night and i even threw up twice! :/

next morning i woke up and my contractions were even stronger. around 9:30am i was rocking back and forth to help ease the back pain when my water broke all on it's own! the dr checked me and finished breaking it. boy did it gush everywhere!! it was brownish green cause he had pooped in me :( the contractions hit but i was able to breathe through them. i had 8 contractions and got my epidural. 8 hrs later i started pushing. 35 minutes later Trystin was born :)

he weighed 8lbs 11oz and was 19.5 in long. head full of hair and screaming. unfortunately i had a fever while pushing so he got taken to the special care unit. he was on oxygen, a feeding tube and an IV for fluids because of the group b strep infection. although they gave me antibiotics for it since we both had a fever we both needed extra antibiotics. i'm glad to announce he is now off the oxygen, feeding tube and fluid IV. he will have to stay till Tues for the rest of his antibiotics but he's doing amazing. i'm pumping breast milk for him and he's eating formula both very well. i'm so proud of my little man!!

Attachments

• Trystin.jpg
    Trystin.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 105
  • Trystin2.jpg
    Trystin2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 78
hes just the cutest thing. Good weight 2 hun. Im glad hes doing well and u also. Bet u cant wait til tue x

thank you guys!! :)
i definitely can't wait until Tuesday so we can bring him home!

yay congrats!!! he is lovely!!! xxxx

thank you!! he's a chunky monkey! :) hopefully i'll have better pics soon. it's hard to take em with him in the special care unit!

:happydance: Hopefuly I will be joining you soon!xx

I hope so too!! :) I can't wait to see that little baby of yours too!

Congrats hun, he's a darling!!!! I bet you can't wait to bring your little munchkin home!! xx

congratulations honey hes gorgeous and glad hes doing well!!

congratulations doll!!! :flower: You did a great job!!!
And look at that face! :cloud9: He is so cute, looks just like his mama :winkwink:

Hope you and the little guy are feeling better! x

p.s. if you send me your address Isaiah can start his pen-pal cards :D

thank you girls!! :)
i think i did a pretty good job. pushed that little chunker out in 35 minutes! and i haven't had any pain meds at all. doesn't even hurt to pee :)

He is Adorable!!! Congratulations!!

I'm sorry hes in the NICU. My first had to stay in the NICU for a good week for the same reason!! Its not fun seeing them with those IV's and what not in them!! Glad hes doing well now though :) :) :) :)

What a gorgeous little boy and what a fantastic job from yourself! Congrats on becoming a mummy :D

hes so cute congrats roll on tues so you can take your little man home x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->