TTC #1 and long cycles coming off BCP

MrsGC

Reaction score
This is my first time ever posting on any sort of thread but after lurking for a while I thought it would be nice to reach out and make friends with people who are probably in the same boat as me. DH and I are TTC #1 and I never thought I would have this much anxiety/impatience/frustration/worry.

I feel like I've done so much reading about TTC, timing BD, temping, observing CM and CP, OPKs.. and I feel like I'm doing everything right but my body just won't cooperate. I have longer cycles (~45 days) which I know can be normal coming off BCP (I went off them in Sep '14).. but it just makes it harder because I feel like I have less chances to get pregnant than others. We're on cycle #2 of TTC (which again I know isn't a lot compared to many people out there).. but it's so frustrating having to wait so long in between cycles to even start trying.

This cycle started taking Vitex in hopes of shortening my cycles (heard its great for people coming off BCP). I had EWCM on CD 14 and got super excited... but now it's CD 21 and no temp shift still. I've been doing OPKs as well this cycle to time it better (last time I thought I O'ed but then ended up missing it by 4 days... so all that waiting for nothing). But I've consistently been getting negative OPKs, which is depressing. I know it's still "early" in the cycle for me, but I was just hoping that I'd be one of those people to magically have a 28 day cycle the first time going on Vitex.

I've just convinced myself that I'm going to be one of those people who takes forever getting pregnant.. and I hate this feeling!!

If anyone has any advice to get through the TTC time or wants to be cycle buddies or wants to share their success stories to give me hope, I would love that :)

Sorry if I sound whiny- I feel like no one ever prepared me for what this journey would feel like! To top if off, I would in a profession where I see pregnant women all the time and many of them talk about about how they accidentally got pregnant after just having sex once without protection... drives me crazy!!

A comic I found very applicable:
https://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=3483vab&s=6#.VOy4_ubF_4s

Hi mrsgc,

I know u posted a while ago now and maybe on a different thread, but I feel we're going through a similar time!

I'm 28 and DH is 29. I only came off the bcp last week, so u are a little ahead of me! We will be ttc #1, when I get my AF back! I have done a ton of research on all the same things u have!

I've been taking folic acid for around 2 months now, also started taking vitex last week, to see if I can kick start my AF! I am a little concerned it may take a while due to being on bcp since the age of 16!!

I've also bought some EPO which I'll start taking soon too! I will be using opk's once my AF comes back too!

Hopefully we can be cycle buddies! Good luck xx

Thought I would jump in too! I came off bcp in June, but just started TTC this month. My cycles have been getting longer and longer.

I'm in the same boat - doing everything right - fertility diet, charting, supplements. I'm seeing a naturopath to help get my cycles back in line - I ovulate late and have a shorter LP. She has me on the seed protocol and we're doing weekly acupuncture sessions. Hoping it helps!

The seed protocol in particular might be something you want to try? Its cheap and easy!

Did you start your vitex on CD1? Which brand of opks are you using? Are you temping same Time everyday? Last month I new I was coming off of bcp and there was a chance of having irregular AF so I started Vitex on my last 4 active pills (The Gaia brand 2,000mg daily) and continuing it. My AF was very good and lasted 5 days instead of its usual 3. So I included fish oil 200mg. Folic acid from cerals and veggies and baby aspirin. I use clinical guard opks and bbt using ff. My symptoms and chart isnt on time however I am getting all the symptoms in the order I am suppose to and I think thats the best sign. Our bodies are the best signs. I know drinking lots of water, having fruits and veggies and atleast 30 mins of exercise daily prior to Ovulation increased my CM and made my O symptoms much stronger. Some ladies just have very soft whispering symptoms I was that way. But you can make them stronger! gl

Hi Robinsonmom,

I started taking vitex on this cd1 and I will be using the Clearblue fertility monitor when my AF arrives back! I'm not temping though!

I'm using the holland and Barrett brand of vitex. I've started walking for an hour every morning before work, trying to eat as many different fruit and veg as possible and usually drink around 2 to 3 litres of water a day.

Primalbaby, what is the seed protocol? I have not heard about this before. Are u all trying for baby #1?

Sending baby dust to everyone xx

MrsB, the seed protocol is just taking different seeds at different points in the cycle because they stimulate or mimic estrogen and progesterone. So from CD 1-14 you eat a tablespoon each of ground pumpkin seed and flax seed, each day. From CD 15-28 you take a tablespoon each of ground sesame and sunflower seed each day. I just mix it with some berries.

If you google "seed protocol" you'll find lots of info on it.

MrsB, the seed protocol is just taking different seeds at different points in the cycle because they stimulate or mimic estrogen and progesterone. So from CD 1-14 you eat a tablespoon each of ground pumpkin seed and flax seed, each day. From CD 15-28 you take a tablespoon each of ground sesame and sunflower seed each day. I just mix it with some berries.

If you google "seed protocol" you'll find lots of info on it.

Thanks primalbaby, I think I'll go out and buy some tomorrow!

How are you guys doing in your cycle after bcp?? Have you ovulated yet?

Yeah my ov returned pretty quickly. Things were pretty consistent for the first several months. The last 2 cycles I've had a lot of stress and I think that is thorwing things off now.

Not yet! But I didn't expect to be really, as I have only been off the bcp for 2 weeks now! How's everyone else getting on?

On cd19 been tracking bbt opk. Temp is all over the place and been getting neg opks, however I am still dtd every other day. My temp dropped today which made me sad but.. I went to check cm and my cervix rose so high I couldnt even reach it. Lol. It scared me because I wasnt even expecting it. So maybe I am ovulating today. Gonna poas in a few hours.

Hi girls!

I had a huge migraine yesterday! And after some reading I've discovered that some women get ovulation migraines! So hopefully I might have ovulated! Or it could just be my body getting used to these new hormones! I wanted to wait till my AF returned before using my opk.

Has anyone else had theses ovulation migraines?

I experience this for a good 3-5 before ovulation or Af along with cramps. It never fails.

Hi, new on here. Also ttc#1, been off bc (cerazette) for nearly 10mnths now. Possible PCOS also. Cycles were regular prior to bc but now long 40+ cycles, longest 59 days so far. Currently on cd51. I'm bbt and have just started vitex 8 days ago, along with prenatals and vitamin b complex. Noticed EWCM a few days ago as well as a killer headache in afternoons for 2 days. Could it be working already? I've read so many good experiences of vitex. FX

Hi nzchic,
I am also taking Vitex, the 2nd week I experienced migraines and lingering headaches. It's been about a month and it goes away.

That's good to hear robinsonmom! I'm on the 2nd week of vitex, glad to hear there's a light at the end of this tunnel of migraines xxx

Yeah. I am used to horrible migraines because of bcp. I got them so much. And no matter what I took they lasted a couple days.

Headaches have gone now, maybe I was dehydrated? Who knows. lol. Still waiting for AF to show so I can see if vitex is working for me next cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->