TTC #1 and over 30

Question - how do you get the boxes in your sigs, e.g., countdown to ovulation, etc.?

I am new to this! Thanks! :)
Go to edit signature and put in the bb code. I think I got mine at countdown to pregnancy.com

I wasn't the orginal asker but thanks for showing us how to add the tickers to our signature. :)

Hi ladies,
Im 33 and ttc my first child:) My mom tells me I am too old I hope she is wrong:sad1:

Hi ladies,
Im 33 and ttc my first child:) My mom tells me I am too old I hope she is wrong:sad1:

Def not too old :)
I´ve heard of women having children right up to the age of 60, though that´s exceptional.

Most women I know that start out late, start after 35 :)

Hi ladies,

Def not too old :)
I´ve heard of women having children right up to the age of 60, though that´s exceptional.

Most women I know that start out late, start after 35 :)

Thank you that makes me feel better:) My mom had me at 23 and my sister at 25 so she said that I should have done this earlier in life.....I am ready now and I don't feel too old to have a baby lol.

im 39. did 4 rounds of iui (first unmedicated, next two on femara, then one in injectibles). finally got a sperm count (im single and using frozen donor sperm) on the 4th round despite asking every round... count of 6.6million and a progession of 1.. ie crap sperm. so i had no real hope on that last round (and in retrospect shouldnt have had any on the prior cycles). anyway just waiting on af to start injections for round 5 with new donor sperm.. as far as age.. well my doctor is nice enough to tell me he thinks it is my old eggs that made the cycle fail (despite making a crap ton of them) and that the sperm "wasnt that bad". sigh.. so one more injection round then im off to ivf

Thanks Smimms!
Since this is actually the FIRST month every even seriously trying I haven't even started to track ovulation. I told DH first step is making more time in the bed LOL sorry Like I said before I'm such a newbie I don't know all the slang/abbr. Anyway, So this month we are TRYING every other night. Like I said last night was a miss, he works two jobs and I worked late last night, we were just really to tired LOL Honestly still getting use to the fact that we acutually have to "work" at this baby making thing, like everyone else I'm sure we thought and was taught basically this is going to come natural. So I can't get into to many conversations because I don't have experience other than reading to much and this is technically my first cycle of focusing to try. We just really practiced all these years LOL

I will check out that site, thanks.

Hope all is well with all of you.

Thanks
Angelbugg

Sorry for the length, I got a little carried away with knowing you all won't judge and now how what I am talking about :)

Welcome! We all had to start somewhere. It was really hard for me when I realized things weren't just going to happen for us. Good luck to you, this site is great to learn and see what others are doing. :thumbup:

Hello everyone! I'm 34, OH is 32 we are ttc #1. This is our first cycle and I am midway through ttw. Although this is C1 I am sooo nervous about this continuing for many months or even years. I'm sure you all feel the same, when you're ready, you're ready NOW! I will be testing on 4/29, and really hoping to be lucky enough to get a :bfp: right away. I am new at temping and I'm pretty sure my cycle is about 30 days. I could really use a cycle buddy, any takers? I'm really excited about this new thread. :happydance: Hopefully will all get to meet some great new friends! :hugs:

:dust: to all!

_

Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind if I join you? I'm 31 (and a little more than halfway to 32 now) and my husband and I are trying for our first. He is 25 (yes, I'm a cougar!), but a very wonderful, mature, family-oriented 25 and we are both looking forward to starting this journey together. I'm hoping the youth of his spermies works in our favor! We got married last September and just took our last much-anticipated trip together before TTC this past month. We were in India (we both used to live there and it's where we first met and started dating!) and we always knew we would start TTC after we got back. And then ironically, my pill packet for April ran out on Saturday, which was the day we left to come home. I'm now awaiting my withdrawal bleed and started temping this morning so I could catch my temp the first day I start.

It seems so weird to finally be starting to TTC, especially since many of my friends already have babies and small children. I've been somewhat fortunate in the sense that I'm not unusual in waiting until my 30s in my group of friends (most were very career oriented or finishing up graduate degrees, so we all are kinda a little 30-something cohort now). But still many of them are pregnant now or just had their first, so I feel a little bit like I'm playing catch up but not by too much. They've also given me hope that having your first in your 30s is totally great and that it has been worth the wait (and also the hope that I really will be a competent parent after so many years of having no real responsibilities other than to myself!).

I don't know yet when AF will arrive or if my cycles will even adjust back to 28-30 days like they were a few years ago when I was off the pill, but I'm anticipating I'll be waiting to test sometime around the 3rd/4th week of May. I'm pretty adamant that I'm not going to allow myself to test until I'm a couple days late, especially in the beginning when I don't know what my cycles are like yet. I'm terrified of how I would feel if I had a chemical and I'm just downright cheap, but we'll see how that goes. Glad to meet you all!

Just wondering what everyone's reasons were for waiting? I only met my now husband when I was 27. I'm American and he is British, though we were living in the same place for the first year of our relationship, eventually we both had to go back home. So this meant things were long distance for another couple years until I could move to the UK and we could get married. It was important to be married first just in general, but also for the security of knowing it meant if I was pregnant, we could be in the same country without having to worry about one of us needing to leave. Plus, there were a few things we wanted to do this past year just to enjoy our time together before thinking about babies. But now we are ready!

Karen

Hi Karen!! I have been married for 4 years but we have been together 10!! We wanted to wait as well - careers, getting a house, more money etc!!! I am 32 and DH is 34. We have been TTC since feb - but I am not confident about this cycle so I am expecting AF this week - and then I get on with the nxt!! I am going to start temping and have OPKs at the ready so am thinking nxt cycle will be the one!!!!!

Several reasons why I waited.
First of all I just didn´t feel ready to be a mom,
second was my carreer, I´m only just getting secure in my position these days,
and third was my fiancee´s studies. He finished last spring, and finally has a steady job these days.

So, now things are stable (mostly), we feel we´re finally ready to bring a little individual into this world :)

We have been married for 5, but together for 10 years! My DH is also a bit younger, I am 33, and he is 30. So that was part of the reason - he just wasn't ready. I have been ready for awhile, but have been enjoying have a life together going traveling, and fixing up our house. But now- we are both ready, and thought it would have happened fast - and a year later we are still waiting. Moving on to assisted conception next month when I get AF (hopefully I will not get AF). Wishing everyone luck!

Good morning, ladies! Happy Monday. Hope this week goes by quickly. :)

My husband (30) and I (32) just got married a year and a half ago and we just started living together about six months ago. We wanted to be married and be together just the two of us a little while before starting to try and we wanted to travel. We did start playing it less safe a little while ago, but with no luck. So, we started trying trying in December.

I don't feel like we are starting too late. I feel like I am just now ready to start a family and feel like this is the perfect timing for us. Fingers crossed our bodies feel the same way. I am in the same boat that most of my friends are also just starting their families and a few of my friends the same age aren't married yet but have all intentions of having a family one day. None of us feel too old or feel pressure yet. So, I guess it just depends on where you live and your social circle, but Nicki, I definitely do not think you are too old! And, my mom had my younger siblings when she was 38 and 39 - both surprises.

Happy BD'ing this month! Enjoy! :)

p.s. I know I've already said it, but I am very happy to have this group. I don't mean to, but I talk about the baby thing too much with my husband. He wants us not to get too stressed about it and enjoy our last months without a baby and I definitely agree, but still can't help talking about it. So, I think this will be a great outlet for me and I am looking forward to having TTC buddies and friends!

Hi ladies!

I'm 34, OH is 42 and we've been TTC for 4 months now. Came off BCP in Dec. Have been mostly using a calendar app to predict O and BDing every other day within my predicted fertile period. AF is due in 2 days according to my calendar but I didn't use OPKs to know when exactly I ovulated. I plan to test on Wed AM before I fly out to visit my best friend for 4 days. FXed!

Great thread! Thanks for starting it Smimms!! :thumbup:

Baby dust and best of luck to everyone here!
:dust:

im 39 and still single .kept thinking id find someone.. finally realized it was do it alone or not at all.. so.. here i am. going for cd 3 us today before starting injections againe

Crap crap crap. 2.3cm cyst on one side and a small one on the other. So no stims for me. I am going to Philly at the end of may so I'd have to miss 2 cycles which I don't want to do. New plan, us Monday to see if I'm growing a follicle despite the cysts then do an unmedicated cycle. If that doesn't work I'd have to skip a cycle anyway for ivf so... Now if I don't grow a follicle... And I have to skip this cycle entirely.. I'm pondering skipping the trip home. Tickets were pretty cheap and al though I know my parents would be sad, I think id just stress the whole time about how I should be cycling etc. I'm 39, I don't have time to step back and just take months off.

:wave: Hi Ladies, what a nice thread. I am 32 and DH is 40. We have been TTC for 7 months. Unfortunately, I suffered an early MC in January and it's been an emotional rollercoaster ever since. Praying this will be our cycle. Best of luck to all and sending :dust:

Crap crap crap. 2.3cm cyst on one side and a small one on the other. So no stims for me. I am going to Philly at the end of may so I'd have to miss 2 cycles which I don't want to do. New plan, us Monday to see if I'm growing a follicle despite the cysts then do an unmedicated cycle. If that doesn't work I'd have to skip a cycle anyway for ivf so... Now if I don't grow a follicle... And I have to skip this cycle entirely.. I'm pondering skipping the trip home. Tickets were pretty cheap and al though I know my parents would be sad, I think id just stress the whole time about how I should be cycling etc. I'm 39, I don't have time to step back and just take months off.

I'm sure your parents will understand! I bet they want a grandkid too :winkwink: Sorry to hear about the cyst - FX that the follicle will grow! And good luck with it all! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->