TTC #1 and over 30

Lily,
I'm happy to hear the appt went well! My RE is my only male doctor and it was definitely weird at the beginning. Now I actually missed him when we had to see the lady RE for an u/s. I'm happy to hear no fibroids or PCOS.

I say be aggressive and start that clomid, it can only help! And it's a hellva lot cheaper than injectables. One gonal-f pen is costing me $500 and that's with our insurance!

Lily, it sounds like a great plan to me! Seems like your RE really took the time to figure out a long term plan, which is great (I feel ours only does bits and pieces at a time) :thumbup:

As for when to start, I think you guys just need to figure out what you are most comfortable with.

Only one comment, as you mentioned genetic testing - you might want to figure out how long it takes to process this, as I know that depending on where you are, genetic testing might take a while and you might want to prioritize it to get the results in time.

Yeah I agree with Auca, genetic testing took about two weeks for us.

Zero looks like it wasn't AF for you? Possible implant maybe?

I mean AF should catch me this coming Saturday....I did a POAS preg test and got a BFP, so I know it'll show it's face this weekend....

Lily - wow, now that's a plan!! Very thoughtful fertility doctor you have there!!
ZP - I may have misread your post, but did you say you got a BFP but expecting AF this weekend...?

Nothing exciting to report here, I'm just starting up my grapefruit juice drinking, EPO taking regimen again... yawn!

Lily - wow, now that's a plan!! Very thoughtful fertility doctor you have there!!
ZP - I may have misread your post, but did you say you got a BFP but expecting AF this weekend...?

Nothing exciting to report here, I'm just starting up my grapefruit juice drinking, EPO taking regimen again... yawn!

Goldfish and Lily - thanks for catching my typo....OMG, I'm so overwhelmed I can't even type correctly...sorry!

Wow ok so rollercoaster reading there ZP early for a BFP so it could still be coming :dust:

Great plan there Lily :thumbup:

We decided to hold off on clomid until having the SA, bloodwork and HSG. Didn't want to put chemicals in my body (yet) if there is something more physical that can be dealt with first. I'm hoping to get us both in for this Friday, if that doesn't happen we'll do it in April. I'm likely to be placed on clomid and/or injectibles if/when we try IUI, so I'm going to wait until we have all information to go down that route and not until after our big trip in may. We'll still be temping, preseed and trying other tricks and doing lots of tests until then!

THANK YOU for all the support!

Update: HSG for me and full SA and bloodwork just scheduled for DH THIS Friday! Wish us luck, girls! I've heard that HSG can result in BFP because it clears you out...we'll see...

Anyone else have updates?

:thumbup: Good luck with all the tests Lily!

I think I only wrote it in my journal, but we got a bunch of test results back (blood work, genetic testing, STDs). Did that help our situation though - not really. I think I was ranting about it somewhere already, but I feel that nobody really knows anything about male infertility, and I am starting to doubt if we will ever know a reason/get a real diagnosis about the cause. Very frustrating.
Anyway, the only thing they found for DH was low testosterone. Waiting for results of another SA (should be in next week), and more genetic tests.

And I apparently have elevated platelet counts, and the doc wants me to go on low dose aspirin :wacko: I don't know how I feel about that though. I might get my family doc to order another one and see if it goes down.

And I did one iui which broke the bank and was poorly timed. Now waiting for af and wondering what I'll do next. If I had the money for ivf, I'd do it.

Zp - aw, what an unfortunate typo :( fx for you, it's not over till AF shows!!
Lily - good luck this Friday!

Auca, horsey, and everyone else who is undergoing fertility testing/fertility procedures - big hugs!! Can't believe there are so many of us with TTC issues :(

goldfish, are you doing anything this cycle? iui? fertility drugs? I'm sorry but I can't seem to remember. boo. :(

Baking - I'm not having treatment this cycle as I'm waiting to hear from the fertility doc about some blood tests I had done, and about whether the health system is going to fund my ivf... So just doing the usual "natural" TTC (with grapefruit juice, epo, conceive plus!)

Survived the HSG. It was not a huge deal but definitely not fun. Unfortunately the worst part was after - I have a nasty fainting habit and let's just say I caused drama in the waiting room for all other patients to see - I collapsed under a table, nurses and staff had to come out and take care of me, then the doctor came in to check on me . . . OMG so embarrassing. Plus I think all the other patients were thinking what the heck did they do to that girl?! Cramping is like bad menstrual cramps - not a huge deal but I feel bloated and aches and gross.

Oh but good news is everything looks "perfect!" Doctor called my uterus beautiful and said it would look great with a baby. I almost cried. Now on to SA results, bloodwork, trying naturally for 2 more cycles and if nada...IUI and clomid or injectibles. Will keep you posted.

Happy Friday ladies and thanks for your ongoing support! How is everyone else?!

:hugs: and :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"