TTC #1 Buddy Needed!!!

Hello, my husband and I were recently married in December and have started TTC #1. We've been together for almost three years and have known each other for six. I'm 25 and he's 33 and we are exceptionally new to all of this (as in I only stopped BC last month). I'd like to find a buddy who has also just started on baby 1 to buddy up with and compare notes.

I've been reading a lot about conceiving after BC and know that it can take a few months up to a few years. If anyone has any stories they would like to share about their experience with stopping the pill and getting pregnant let me know!

We are just taking it easy and not stressing about anything right now, so hopefully we can continue to feel that way throughout this process!

Hi, I'm ttc#1 after BC. I was on the pill for 6 years, and stopped a little over a tear ago. My cycles were all over the place (anywhere from 30 to 45 days) until recently. Have you got AF back yet?

I'm trying not to stress, but It's so hard! Hehe :) Welcome to BnB! :)

I've also been on BC for about 6-7 years and I had my as expected AF in early Feb (I never take the placebo week, so bad I know), and I've been "charting" through an app on my phone, although I know it's probably not accurate since I've been on the pill and it says I'm not due to get my visit again until March 3. Since its my first month off BCP I'm not expecting much. Good luck! It's so exciting.

My pills didn't have a placebo week, but I think that week is there just so you remember to keep taking a pill. My cycles returned about 44 days after stopping BC. Hopefully you get back to nrmal soon so you can get that :bfp:! :)

Thanks! I tested this morning and BFN...but I think it was wishful thinking so soon after stopping BC.

I have an appt. with my doc tomorrow for my yearly check-up and I'm going to talk to her about some different things I can do to possibly up the ante for the next few months.

Thanks! I tested this morning and BFN...but I think it was wishful thinking so soon after stopping BC.

I have an appt. with my doc tomorrow for my yearly check-up and I'm going to talk to her about some different things I can do to possibly up the ante for the next few months.

If you get any good tips, share! Hehe :)

I'm the same way. I don't like taking prescriptions unless absolutly necessary (the pill was my hubby's idea). I found moderate exercise (I go 5 days a week for about 30-45 mins at a time) really helped regulate my cycles back to how they were pre-pill.

Where in Florida are you? We were just in Orlando! :)

Miami, but my grandparents are in Orlando. Are you guys snowbirds (I hate that term, sorry if you do too) or were you just visiting?

Miami, but my grandparents are in Orlando. Are you guys snowbirds (I hate that term, sorry if you do too) or were you just visiting?

We were there a week and a half before our cruise :) Last year we were in Miami (we liked Miami better to be honest) and we stayed in South Beach. I miss the hot weather!! What is the deal with people in Florida wearing gloves and winter jackets?? DH & I were so confused lol because it's nice and warm there! Yesterday it was -20celcuis here THAT is winter jacket weather! Lol :)

Oh I know it! We've lived in Cali and Wyoming for military instillations and we moved here to see everyone bundled up. I was like, seriously...it was -20F where we just came from and you're wearing a HOODIE?! I wear flip-flops everywhere (no more snow!!!) but I think the issue is all the Cubans and South American's who don't even have a form of winter. So when it hits between 40-60 degrees here they think hell has frozen over.

DH and I laugh and them and enjoy the "brisk" mornings and joke about the fact that if anyone here had to drive in snow there would be an interstate pile-up from Tallahassee to Key West!

Oh I know it! We've lived in Cali and Wyoming for military instillations and we moved here to see everyone bundled up. I was like, seriously...it was -20F where we just came from and you're wearing a HOODIE?! I wear flip-flops everywhere (no more snow!!!) but I think the issue is all the Cubans and South American's who don't even have a form of winter. So when it hits between 40-60 degrees here they think hell has frozen over.

DH and I laugh and them and enjoy the "brisk" mornings and joke about the fact that if anyone here had to drive in snow there would be an interstate pile-up from Tallahassee to Key West!

LOL

DH and I were walking around in shorts and flip flops amongst those in jackets, we knew they thought we were crazy but it was too warm for us to be bundled up! :) I think the funniest monent was when we went to the hotel pool (outside) and the towel guy was wearing long pants and a jacket - I was in a bikini lol.

We get tons of snow in Canada (we just got 20cm and more is on the way!) and people here still forget how to drive in the snow, Florida would be a nightmare in a storm! Lol

So thought I would give you an update. The only thing the doc said was to take Prenatals. Since I gag on even a sudafed she gave me a brand that makes "petite" pills. So I'm going to start that tomorrow and see how it goes.

I find it hard to take pills as well and find that what I take them with helps tons. I used to try and take one with water and gagged, orange juice seems to work well for me. Apparently most prenatals are huge, so you're lucky to have the petite ones! :) My multi-vitamin is do-able thankfully! :)

Morning ladies, I'm on board too.

Me and Hubby are on cycle 1 of ttc. I was on the pill and injections for years, but took only 3 months for cycle to go back to normal. The only thing me and hubby are doing are taking pregnacare (hubby taking his too), so as like you, just really going with the flow.

We were also just over in Orlando, love the place. We live in Cyprus so we are used to warm weather, saying that it is freezing today. So I can see where you come from, the tourists walk round in bikinis, where as we walk round in jeans and hoodies.

I did start a journal but it is in WTT, apparently you can't move it to TTC. Have a nosey if you like, says a bit more about me.

Take care and baby dust to all xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning ladies, I'm on board too.

Me and Hubby are on cycle 1 of ttc. I was on the pill and injections for years, but took only 3 months for cycle to go back to normal. The only thing me and hubby are doing are taking pregnacare (hubby taking his too), so as like you, just really going with the flow.

We were also just over in Orlando, love the place. We live in Cyprus so we are used to warm weather, saying that it is freezing today. So I can see where you come from, the tourists walk round in bikinis, where as we walk round in jeans and hoodies.

I did start a journal but it is in WTT, apparently you can't move it to TTC. Have a nosey if you like, says a bit more about me.

Take care and baby dust to all xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey! :)

Were you on a cruise as well or just visiting? Hubby and I aren't into the theme parks so we spent most of our time around the pool hehe :)

God luck to you too! Where are you at in your cycle?

I just got off BCP in December, that's when we started TTC. I haven't had a normal period yet, but I've had negative HPTs so pretty sure I'm not PG and my body is being stubborn. I will be charting, etc. once AF shows up...I take prenatals and FertiliTea though.

I just got off BCP in December, that's when we started TTC. I haven't had a normal period yet, but I've had negative HPTs so pretty sure I'm not PG and my body is being stubborn. I will be charting, etc. once AF shows up...I take prenatals and FertiliTea though.

Hey! :)

It may take awhile for your body to regulate, I've been off for a year now and am finally seeing more normal cycles. Ugh if I knew then what I know now about the pill! :wacko:

How is the FertiliTea? Does it increase cm or?

What's aggravating about it is I stopped taking the pill for a little while back in 2010, and other than not having a period at all the first month after stopping my cycles went back to being normal, so I'm super annoyed that I'm having issues now that I stopped for good & am TTC. That's my luck though lol.

I don't think there are any changes with the FertiliTea yet, but hopefully I will notice something soon. I usually have quite a bit of cm anyway, so that might be why I haven't noticed anything.

Hi Lilly! I haven't heard from you in awhile! Just stopping by to say hi!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->