TTC #1 - CD16 - +OPK this morning!

blueeyedgirl1

PALTTTCAL!
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'd love a TTC buddy!

OH and I are on our third month of TTC, this was my first month using the CB OPK (not the fancy smilies one, just the lines one). I'd given up and thought I wasn't ovulating until the dark line this morning! :happydance:

Anyone wanna be buddies with me? :blush:

Would love to be your buddy!

Im on CD 14 and TTC #1 for almost 8 months! (I have very irregular cycles since stopping bc... the cycle was induced from provera and Im seeing a FS at the end of Dec)

I just started charting my temps this cycle and have been using OPKs for a few months and have never seen a positive one. Todays is the darkest line I have had yet, but still not as dark as the control line. But maybe soon... I have hope :)

How long are your cycles usually?

Would love to be your buddy!

Im on CD 14 and TTC #1 for almost 8 months! (I have very irregular cycles since stopping bc... the cycle was induced from provera and Im seeing a FS at the end of Dec)

I just started charting my temps this cycle and have been using OPKs for a few months and have never seen a positive one. Todays is the darkest line I have had yet, but still not as dark as the control line. But maybe soon... I have hope :)

How long are your cycles usually?

Hooray a buddy! :D

I haven't done any temping mostly because I start awake in the morning when the alarm goes off - and I'm sure such an adrenaline rush will make my temperature shoot right up. If we don't succeed this month, though, I'll probably try temping next month.

The OPK really confused me, I thought I must have OVd as I had EWCM and the right cervix bits and bobs and ended up thinking the OPK had missed it. Gave it one last try yesterday morning, and lo and behold, a darker line! Trying to stick to the SMEP this time round.

Cycles were 28 days like clockwork until about a year ago (have been off BC for about 4ish years, just using condoms) when it all went a bit weird, with cycles between 28-33 days. Last few have been 29 days, though.

Have you tried Soy yet? Doctor been any use?

I havent tried soy yet, just been reading about it and may consider it depending on how my doctors appointment goes at the end of dec. (I have my first appointment with a fertility nurse) Doctors havent been much help yet but I am persisent and just keep going back and getting passed around. I am excited to talk to a fertility and figure out what the next step will be. Maybe clomid?

so you had a pos. OPK? are you trying to BD every day, every other day? Im crossing my fingers for ya!!!

:D Good that you're persistent - at least that way they'll know you're serious and you won't let yourself be ignored! :thumbup:

The original plan was to DTD three days in a row since +ve OPK, give it a rest on Friday and DTD again on Sat but OH was so shattered from work last night, he was snoring by the time I got to bed. Felt so sorry for him, just let him be. He's been working very, very hard. Feel a bit annoyed, if AF arrives again this cycle I'll be wondering if it's because we missed that one day. But nothing I can change about that now!

Just trying to keep myself occupied between now and the 8th...I've promised OH I won't test before then.

How about AF just visits me instead of you ;-) She has been missing for many months and i would love for her to show up on her own instead of having to take provera again.

Any good ideas on how to stay occupied? Do you work? What do you do?

Yea, I work fulltime, in a University library. Plenty to keep me busy but tea and lunchbreaks are devoted to checking this forum. Whoops!

Whenever I find myself thinking about it too much over the last few days, I've been panicking instead about all the christmas shopping I still need to do. It's working, but not relaxing me very much...hehehe

I wouldn't wish AF on anyone (except maybe the OH, just once...) but if you really want it...*grin*...I'm sending her your way!

I wouldn't wish AF on anyone (except maybe the OH, just once...)

:haha: So funny!

I cant believe Christmas is just around the corner, I havent even THOUGHT about Christmas shopping yet. AHH! However I dont think we will be buying many gifts this year, we just bought our first house and are moving in this week! Thats a big enough present for us!

I do want to buy a few things for some family members though and my sister who is pregnant with my very first neice or nephew! (She started trying a few months after we did and she is over 3 months prego! Oh, and my cousin who started trying the same month we did just announced last night that she is 6 weeks prego! My turn :cry:!!!!)

If you dont mind me asking, how old are you? How long have you been married? Do your families or friends know you are trying?

Nope, I've not bought anything for anyone yet either. Doing it all online - HATE the holiday rush. All those people make me nervous.

We've imposed a £25 limit on all family this year. Although I'm breaking it for OH. Oops. Naughty me! We've just been approved for a mortgage so buying a house soon so it would be stupid for us to spend a fortune and thankfully his family understands.

I don't really speak to my family much, so it's just his family - phew! Thankfully no family members are pregnant (that I know of) so won't have to worry about bursting into tears over Christmas lunch!!!

I'm 27 (28 in May), OH is turning 30 in April. We're not married but been together for 5 yrs. It's only the cost of a wedding which has put us off, really, so we'll do it one day in future once we've got house & baby. Our LO can be ring bearer/flower girl! ;)

No one knows we're TTC except my sister and a close friend of mine. Think OH's sister may have guessed we're up to something, though, but we're not saying anything outright. Really can't cope with the questions and "how's it going"s and knowing looks. The fact I have to deal with my own brain is enough!!

How about yourself???

I will be 25 in a month and my man is 25 as well. We have been married for a year and a half, been together for 6 (I think..?) :)

Totally dont blame you about waiting to get married, weddings are spendy! We payed for ours ourselves and kept it as simple and inexpensive as possible! Plus, buying a house is so exciting! Have you started looking yet?

My sister and cousin (the prego ones) both know we are trying. The three of us all talked about trying at the same time so our babies can be close in age! My mom also knows but only because she kept asking questions and was bugging me about why I was going to the doctor so often ;-)

Gotta run, making "smothered burritos" for dinner and the oven is yelling at me to take them out!!!!

Ooh, perfect age for TTC in my opinion! Wish we could have started a couple of years earlier, but to be honest, we're in a much better place, financially, now then we ever have been.

I wish I could tell more people about TTC but I just don't think I could cope with the "so, you preggers yet", the "aaaaannd???" and the knowing looks, etc. I'm having to deal with it enough without people reminding me!

Yea, we are looking for a house, but haven't found anything good yet. OH has been working very long hours but thankfully that's returning back to normal now, so we'll have more time to look after work and on weekends. Can't wait till we find something and move in - just hope it won't take us so long that I'll be enormously pregnant by the time we move!!!

Had pinching/cramping yesterday...have woken up to spotting this morning. Trying to convince myself it'a NOT implantation bleeding...it's probably a UTI. Too early for implantation, I'm only 4/5 DPO according to that +ve OPK I had.

Really, really cannot get my hopes up again. Last month was brutal on my emotions.

Stay positive!

As for me, its CD19 and Im still waiting for ovulation. a couple days ago I had a fairly dark line on my OPK but not quite postitive and they have been getting lighter so I was wondering if I just missed it. However my temp chart is all over the place and isnt showing ovulation yet. I have had some EWCM these past few days and yesterday some mild cramping so I keep thinking that maybe, just maybe I will ovulate!

Keep me updated. How long until you will test?

Planning to test on the 8th, as AF *should* be due on the 7th according to that OPK. Promised myself and OH that I won't touch a test until I'm late. Feel guilty as I've considered testing without him knowing it but I won't. I promise. Eep!

Still spotting, although very lightly. Had a sharp, short cramp this morning and it still feels weird now. I'm just overthinking it, though.

Are you sure your OPK might not just have missed your O? Which one are you using?

I've just kind of decided that any sign of EWCM for me means go! Really glad we timed our BDing well this month, even though we didn't manage the last 2 "scheduled" times I'd planned, were both absolutely knackered.

Sending ovulation vibes your way!!

HI

I am also on 4th month TTC and my 3rd on OPK;s (lines like you)

Got a positive OPK on Sat which is CD17 for me so I think we are around the same time. I am TTC No 1 and I am 34 (arrgh). Married to my gorgeous OH since 2008 and been with him 12 years. Would have started TTC a lot earlier if I had my way but only just pursuaded him.

I live in Lytham (nr Blackpool) work ft, have 3 cats and two horses (share with my sis) and like all the normal stuff (too much food, friends, etc)

Hope we could be buddies as I am new to all these forums and maybe with our comined will power we can both get a nice Xmas BFP!

Hope to hear from you but masses of Baby Dust to you either way. Good luck! xx

Are you sure your OPK might not just have missed your O? Which one are you using?

I am just using some cheapo ones I got online... So yes I do think it is possible that I just missed the surge on the OPK. However my temp chart hasnt shown ovulation yet either, although it will just tell me AFTER O has occured and not Before or during. I really think it is possible I O's this past week sometime due to the EWCM and the slight cramping I had. So, we have been BDing like crazy people just in case. :winkwink:

As for you, I dont think I have as much self control as you do. I definitely would be testing early, however I think its best to just wait like you are!!!!!

Hi hurryupbaby! Nice to meet you! Hope you are BDing like crazy since you had positive OPK! :dust: to you, too!

:dust::dust::dust: to us all! :D

Our BDing kind of trailed off as workplace stresses increased but I think we caught it at exactly the right time. Really starting to think that OPK caught the END of my ovulation and not the start. But should still be good, BDing-wise!

Spotting has all but stopped, which is a relief. Was worried I was getting a super-early AF! Just hope this one sticks!

We must all think of ways to keep ourselves and each other entertained until the end of the 2WW...*twiddles thumbs* :wacko:

that is great that spotting stopped!!! Maybe it was implantation bleeding!?!

As far as staying busy, we just got the keys to our new house tonight so we will be busy moving and unpacking this weekend. (as well as BDing as much as humanly possible :haha: I still am having lots of EWCM today.... never had it for so many days in one month but maybe thats a sign that I really am Oing!)

I'm really hoping it was IB...it does seem like it but I don't want to get my hopes up again!!

Sooo jealous of your new house! We're back to square one with regards to viewings, this time in a completely different area of the city. :( Make sure you properly...erm...christen...every room in your new house! ;)

8DPO today...I think. The urge is increasing to do an early test but I WON'T! Tries to buy xmas presents earlier only to find out that Next won't deliver to my work address as it's not residential...so now I can spend some time panicking as to how I'm going to get OH's presents!

Hurryupbaby, when are you planning to test?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->