TTC#1 for 1year. First month on Agnus Castus AF late 17dpo

How strange is this? I'm on cycle day 18, no sign of any ewcm yet and My (which I've recorded without undisturbed sleep) temps this cycle have been 35.7, 36.2, 36.1, 36.0, 35.9, and 35.8 the last 2 days, shouldn't I have ovulated by now? Maybe I should start using fertility friend to get more of a clue when my ovulation is? I read that agnus castus can lengthen follicular phase to help thicken your lining?! What's your thoughts ladies? ....

Yes, charting on FF or any of the other software out there would certainly be useful Kazio; shoot, even pencil and paper charting is good stuff :) . AC will allow whatever is appropriate for your body to happen. And while things are getting the workover in there, you may have longer/shorter cycles than what you're used to. Last cycle I had a 23 day cycle and it looks like I'm headed for another on this go 'round. Generally my cycles are around 27/28 days unless I'm nursing; then they're around 24/25/26 days. But yeah, plug your data into FF or whichever site you like and let's get some visuals! :D

I usually use an app called mydays but I've just got fertility friend aswell because doesn't it pinpoint your ovulation for you? I've tried ff before but always preferred mydays but I'm going to try it again aswell now, lol, here's a screenshot of my cycle, does it look like I ovulated to you? Temping is a pain I used to like doing it at 8:30am before work but since my partner was moved onto day shift, his waking at 5:30am means disturbed sleep, :sleep: So maybe I should just start temping at that time instead?! today at 5:30am the thermometer read 35.8 (again! I thought it was broken, lol) then at 9:30am (woops lazy bum lie in!) it read 36.1, so not sure what or wether to record... Still doesn't seem like post ovulation temps anyway!
Help & advice much appreciated x

Ooops sorry about the wait! My ipad doesn't like to upload pictures so I am on the computer now, attached is my graph for your perusal :thumbup:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 9
Ok, can I just say I looove the aesthetics of that app :) . I don't much care for FF either and have three different online charting accounts b/c I like variety :haha: . When we upgrade phones this year I'll be able to find myself some fancy phone apps too lol. FF's super ease is what keeps me using it. I prefer the TCOYF software and will be ordering a new book with it soon.

Ok, so have you been temping at the same time everyday? If not that could obscure your shift. I'm not sure what it is in C but in F you're looking for the sustained (at least 3 days) temp shift of at least 2/10's of a degree higher than the highest of your previous six temps; many times the shift is even higher. Looking at your chart, you don't have the shift you're looking for thus far. Click on my chart in my siggy, scroll down to last cycle and convert it to C and you'll see the kind of pattern you're looking for. I'll try and find guidelines in C too; really need my TCOYF book since it's probably explained nicely in there :p . I've internalized F guidelines but not C :haha: .

I love mydays, it's much better and easier to use than ff which I've ended up deleting a few times in the past! You should get it when you upgrade phones :)
All of my previous temping charts that ive ever did show that shift that you mentioned, which i guess means i always ovulated mid-cycle, this cycle is just looking very peculiar! So I've decided I'm going to temp at 5:30am every day instead because that's when the alarm goes off every day! ... i tried using opk sticks but they drove me mad, felt like I was constantly pregnancy testing so for me charting is much more convenient!
In Celsius, follicular phase is usually 34. Something, or 35. Something, and after ovulation it's always above 36.1, and I've read that when pregnant it can go over 37, so it's not too much of a temp change as opposed to Fahrenheit, which I can't do on my thermometer so I'll stick with Celsius! Are you from England? Thanks for replying all the time it's good to talk about this ttc business, never knew it would be so difficult. :)

NP! I love a good mellow convo like this :friends: . I'm in the States. Sure wish we'd switch over to metric and C here already :haha: .

Woohoo ! Ovulated on day 21 (randomly did an opk and got 2 lines after finding a spot of cm!) & temp shot up today to 36.2 today- day 22.... :) happy days!
BD on day 20 so that's perfect timing isn't it? Will you be carrying on agnus castus until BFP & gradually cut it down to none after?

Love this thread ladies. Wanted to share that AC helped to regulate my cycles after years of erratic cycles. I started getting bfp's within a few cycles but had a luteal phase defect I had to address before I got the beans to stick. My RE said to continue vitex through 1st trimester because stopping it could disrupt the hormonal balance and endanger the pregnancy. I did just that and so far so good! Got Panorama test results & baby girl passed all genetic test:thumbup:

Good luck to you and I very much hope you hae the same success with AC that I did and get your bfp soon!:happydance:

Thanks so much for your input pandi! :thumbup: It's so awesome to see your pregnancy continue to thrive especially after all you've worked through to get here :dance: . Stories like yours keep me going! :flower: Vitex has done some amazing things for me so I'm going to keep letting it do its work :) .

Kazio: Like pandi I will continue taking Vitex through my first tri then slowly wean off once the placenta takes over nice and firm :) . Super yay for O! :dance: FX those temps stay good and high :dust: . Sounds like your timing is fantastic :thumbup: .

Thanks for your messages! :thumbup:
Pandi, do you take agnus castus holland & Barrett 400mg x 4 a day? And this is ok through first trimester? I told my nurse i was taking these & ttc and she warned me to be careful but i read that nurses/docs are biased because they want you to buy their prescription drugs & not herbal...
Also do you have them every single day? I've read of some women stopping them while theyre on the AF...

I have another brand of agnus castus after I finish the holland and Barrett ones, with these you only have to take one a day and you're sorted! and I have 6 months worth! Do you think I'll be fine switching?

I might sound really stupid now but is there am easier way of looking at your replies without searching for my title?? Lol! :dohh:

Kazio, if you click User CP at the top of your screen it'll take you to the list of threads you've subscribed to (subbing is automatic when you reply to/create a thread unless you say otherwise) and this one should be there in bold when there are new replies :) .

I take AC ever day and that is what I've seen recommended a few places including here and this link here doesn't say anything about stopping at any point during the cycle. I can't recall any of the articles I've read recommending to stop at some point or another during one's cycle. It makes sense to me to take it every day since the point is to overhaul our entire cycle, regulating it and bringing on the smooth :thumbup: . Stopping for AF or after O or whatever seems disruptive to me but to each their own! AC hasn't been studied enough with peer reviewed research and all that on pg women so folks tend to want to err on the side of caution but I've read enough to feel comfortable taking it through first tri (in one of the links I gave on the first page I'm pretty sure there's a German study that recommends stopping after first tri b/c of early lactation issues and nothing more but I'd have to go dig that up to confirm). It's one of those things that each woman just has to come to their own personal comfort zone with. I've read it's good for those of us that keep m/c'ing so there's yet another reason for me to keep up with it :) . I use Nature's Answer organic alcohol tincture and love it.

Thanks for your messages! :thumbup:
Pandi, do you take agnus castus holland & Barrett 400mg x 4 a day? And this is ok through first trimester? I told my nurse i was taking these & ttc and she warned me to be careful but i read that nurses/docs are biased because they want you to buy their prescription drugs & not herbal...
Also do you have them every single day? I've read of some women stopping them while theyre on the AF...

I have another brand of agnus castus after I finish the holland and Barrett ones, with these you only have to take one a day and you're sorted! and I have 6 months worth! Do you think I'll be fine switching?

I might sound really stupid now but is there am easier way of looking at your replies without searching for my title?? Lol! :dohh:

Hey there I actually use Nature's Way and purchase it through Amazon ($4.99 per bottle!). I took two 400mg capsules a day- 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening. This is a slightly lower dose than some but when I tried it my very first cycle it had a BIG impact (I O'd on cd 14 after years of it taking 3+ weeks to O) so I figured I would stick with that dosage as long as it was working.

As far as usage through pregnancy my RE actually read up on it and her and the office midwife agreed that stopping it cold turkey would be a bad idea and I could disrupt the hormal balance I had achieved that helped me get pregnant in the first place. Here's a nice article about vitex and it's potential use during pregnancy...the concerns out there seem to be based mostly on the lack of research around the plant and it's potential uses.

https://natural-fertility-info.com/...s-during-ivf-endometriosis-and-cleansing.html

Brilliant! Thanks for the info peeps! :winkwink:

Could I ask how you enter your fertility friend app chart aswell ?! I like the look of mine this month but I ain't holding my breath! One can pray...

:kiss:

Brilliant! Thanks for the info peeps! :winkwink:

Could I ask how you enter your fertility friend app chart aswell ?! I like the look of mine this month but I ain't holding my breath! One can pray...

:kiss:

Under your chart there are 8 smart buttons and the last being the share option. Select share and then choose one of the bb code options as they are forum friendly. One links a thumbnail of your chart and the other is a link to your ongoing chart.:thumbup:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/m/home.php/4305ae

Hmmm What have I done wrong?! Lol

https://FertilityFriend.com/home/43...yFriend.com/ticker/4305ae/ttc.png[/img][/url]

Were you trying to get the thumbnail Kazio? If so:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4305ae/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Type [ url=https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4305ae][ img]https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4305ae/thumb.png[ /img]
My Ovulation Chart[ /url]

into your siggy w/o the spaces at the beginning and end of the begin/end url and img brackets. Or, go to your share page and under "bbCode Code (Message Boards)" look for the code that looks like the one I've just typed and c/p it into your siggy :thumbup: .

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4305ae/thumb.pngMyOvulationChart

Yay I did it haha! :thumbup: thanks!!! :happydance: I hope you enjoy my chart I typed it all out on the iPad because the laptop is off, lol :dohh:

So does that update every day if I paste it in the siggy? Thanks for the help :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->