TTC #1 for 8 months - anyone else like this?

archigirl

Reaction score
I am new to this group and to these forums in general but am looking for someone to talk to. My husband and I have been TTC #1 for 8 months now and am feeling very depressed. Its a huge disappointment every month that AF appears. Wondering if anyone else is feeling this way?? I also am feeling guilty for feeling so badly b/c others have probably been TTC for even longer. Anybody else in the same boat?

I've been TTC for 7 months, almost 8, and I can definitely relate to how you're feeling hon!! TTC is such an emotional process no matter how long you've been trying. The disappointment that comes month after month is hard to cope with! It's totally natural to feel down! :hugs:

Yep I am in the same boat too hun, going on 7 months for us x

Not quite the same boat but i feel ya!!! I have been ttc for 4yrs, i have fertility issues though, my hormones are not balanced. I have been pregnant once but had an m/c at 13wks. Dont feel bad they say a healthy woman only has a 20-30% chance of getting pregnant each cycle. I know you want yout bfp now, but they say try for up to a year naturally then after that go see a dr, so you still have a chance. Good luck!!!

I am new to this group and to these forums in general but am looking for someone to talk to. My husband and I have been TTC #1 for 8 months now and am feeling very depressed. Its a huge disappointment every month that AF appears. Wondering if anyone else is feeling this way?? I also am feeling guilty for feeling so badly b/c others have probably been TTC for even longer. Anybody else in the same boat?

This is me all the way! We're on month #8... sometimes I ovulate, sometimes I don't. Getting BFN's are always hard, but what's even worse for me is when I don't ovulate and don't even have a reason to test :( Trying not to be a Debbie-Downer... eventually we'll all get our BFP's, it's just getting there! :)

hMMM... SO YOU KNOW FOR SURE YOU DONT OVULATE EVERY MONTH? ARE YOU USING OPKS OR ANYTHING?

hMMM... SO YOU KNOW FOR SURE YOU DONT OVULATE EVERY MONTH? ARE YOU USING OPKS OR ANYTHING?

Arrielle -- were you asking me? If so... I temp and sometimes get blood tests and that's how I confirm ovulation. If you look at my signature below my posts it kind of explains my o history.

Archigirl, i know how you feel. We've been NTNP for like 5 years and just the idea that we have never conceived during that time is really really discouraging at times, especially when everyone around me has gotten pregnant effortlessly. I even have one friend who recently got an abortion. That did a number on me emotionally for several reasons. I knew it wasn't the right way of thinking but I couldn't help but go there: Why does SHE get a baby on "accident" and my husband and I haven't been able to get a BFP once?! This TTC game can be brutal.

What's been helping me is incorporating new things every month. Last month I started charting for the first time and this month I'm trying preseed since I've noticed a huge decline of cm (and I'm only in my late 20's, geesh!). Just keep it fresh in any way possible and don't look at AF as another failure, but more as an opportunity to try again. I know that it's easier said than done!

We have been NTNP for about 10 months, TTC actively for about 6. I keep joking that if I knew it was this hard to get pregnant I coulda saved a lot of money on BC!

We are now on our 8th month TTC and expecting AF any day now. (of course while wishing her away!) It is a huge disappointment, but we have to stay strong and positive! There's no reason for you to feel guilty for feeling upset about how long its taking to conceive! Every person is different, and when it doesn't happen right away its frustrating, whether its two months or two years ttc. Good luck to you and i hope for you to get your BFP very soon! :thumbup:

Hi hun, weve been trying just over 8 months now, im going to try Ovulation sticks next month, as up till now we have just had :sex: loads and taken folic acid with no luck. good luck hun :dust: xx

We've been TTC 9 months now and it was really getting me down. Now, I have taken a bit more of a relaxed approach and trying to look at it with a long term view rather than month to month. I have stopped temping as it was making me a bit obsessive and am trying accupuncture. I feel much more relaxed and for some reason edging towards the one year mark actually makes it easier as I know we can get some help then.

Hi there, I can definitely relate. We have been actively trying for 10 months now and it is an emotional roller coaster. We have tried taking a more relaxed approach this past couple of cycles but it is impossible, every twinge in the tww gets my hopes up and then AF has to come and spoil it. I had no idea it was going to be this tough but I guess we have to stay positive, it will happen eventually! Good luck :flower:

We've been TTC for 7 months in total and from the very first month we've done everything possible and we know we've DTD on the right days etc. I know I've ovulated every cycle too.

It's very frustrating and upsetting, especially when so many lucky ladies seem to fall pregnant so easily.

It's even more stressful when you're TTC your first because most of us have never even been pregnant before so don't know if we even can.

I aim to visit my GP after another couple of unsuccessful cycles. I'll stretch the truth a bit and say I've been TTC for a year to get investigated if need be. :blush:

We're so desperate to be parents.

hey
i havent come on this month yet but this was my 8th month too.

I have very irregular peroids so dont really know when i ovulate and really dont want to start charting my temperature and doing ovulation tests every day either, i just want to stay as stress free and have fun with it all.

A lot of people take alot longer to conceive than 8 months so im thankfull that its not taken years so far but its still upsetting every month and especially as i cant say '' oh i should be starting my peroid today'' because i havent a clue x

we will get there eventually and will certainly make us very happy x

We're on our 12th cycle. No chemical pregnancies, no miscarriages, no nothing. Just 12 cycles of :witch: showing her big ugly face so I have no idea if I can even get pregnant. I ovulate, I know this through using opks and charting my temp. I've taken at home fsh tests and hubby has taken an at home fertility test, all saying we're ok, so I really have no idea why we're still having to try. One more cycle, this time using soya to help things along and if :witch: catches me again it's off to the docs for Mr & Mrs Nelly!

I'm on my 11th cycle, and there will be a 12th. I'm going for a repeat progesterone bloods round this week as last one came back indicating really low levels, which took me by surprise as I always get positive OPKs, a clear sustained thermal shift, a luteal phase of 14 days and fertile cm. So waiting to see what the hell is going on. :shrug:

Don't feel bad about being depressed. The 8th cycle mark got to me too. I remember crying my eyes out for days. For some reason it symbolises something for most of us. That said, hang in there hon. Your month may be just around the corner. :flower:

We have been trying for 9 months, the first month was a chemical pregnancy but nothing since. We are giving it a year before we start to get stressed. I havent a clue about all this ovulating charting stuff so I guess I am in the right place :)

i know how you feel! going on month 7 now. its hard. but i know it'll happen when its supposed to happen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->