TTC#1 or 2?

GreyGirl

Pregnant with no2!
Reaction score
If you've had a loss, and you're trying again, does that count as 1 or 2? Does it only count as 2 if you've had a child before?

I guess I would have said TTC1 still since my baby didn't make it but since I loved my baby despite never meeting him then maybe I would say TTC2. Kind of confusing - I had never thought about it. What are you saying?

I have been saying TTC#2 as I was pregnant, but I have seen lots saying TTC#2 only on their second child attempt after having one go to term...so I guess I'm just as confused too :S

I think everyones different - it sounds daft but I was reading the birth announcements in the paper today (I know glutton for punishment!) and was thinking I would want (If I was lucky enough to give birth to a healthy baby who would hopefully go on to lead a healthy and happy life) to write first born rather than first baby - does that make sense?

x

I am currently ttc baby number 3.. number 2 was stillborn.. so for me it would always be baby number 3 xxx

I'm really sorry, I read it through twice, but I don't understand what distinction you're making between 1st born and 1st baby...Can you please help me understand.
I'm sorry for your losses *hugs*

Thanks Sarah. I'm sorry for your loss, my cousin had a still born boy and he's still their 1st of 3 sons.

I'm really sorry, I read it through twice, but I don't understand what distinction you're making between 1st born and 1st baby...Can you please help me understand.
I'm sorry for your losses *hugs*

I don't want to speak for anyone, but the way I understood it is- I have 3 children 'born', but have carried 4 babies, one was not born,. SO for this next pregnancy, i want to give birth to #4, but technically I am TTC #5, as I have already conceived 4, but it is my angel baby, not my 4th born child since she wasn't born, I didn't give birth to her =(.

I keep finding myself doing the same thing though....do I say i am TTC #4? ..I really can't, cause I already conceived #4...I am TTC #5. The only problem then, is that when you tell people that they'll ask and sometimes it is too painful to explain it. (And technically, I guess I would really be TTC #6, because my first pregnancy was a chemical pregnancy, but I never really connected with it because I didn't know what had happened until I got pregnant with my son).

I think ill say ttc numebr 1 to the outside world as not many pepole knew i had a MC anyway. But to myself and all you lovely people on here it will be number 2

SuperKat is right to say TTC number 2 will be hard, its the same for me as they know i dont have any children so going on to explain would hurt lots.

Even my OH says when we have our first baby and i find myself reminding him he already has one child we just never got ot meet her.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->