TTC #1 with diabetic partner and depo injection effects

CathiiNoo

Reaction score
Hi, so this is my first time posting a thread.

My partner and I decided over 5 months ago we would start trying for baby number 1. I decided to not get my second depo shot, and had only had ONE 3 month one and no more. I didn't realize that it would affect me so much. Within 5 months I've had a period twice and both lasting approx. 2 weeks each time. I doubt I have ovulated either. My partner has type 1 diabetes which i hear can cause miscarriages and trouble conceiving if not looked after. He tends to keep his sugar levels steady and we don't really face too many problems with that.

I have had us both on a multi-vitamin, folic acid and irons tablets for about a month now so hoping that will work. I'm also keeping track of my temperature first thing when I wake up in the mornings, still around the same daily. I've just finished a 11 day period, so can anyone give me any advice to make conceiving easier.

Please send lots of baby dust my way :D

Hi, so this is my first time posting a thread.

My partner and I decided over 5 months ago we would start trying for baby number 1. I decided to not get my second depo shot, and had only had ONE 3 month one and no more. I didn't realize that it would affect me so much. Within 5 months I've had a period twice and both lasting approx. 2 weeks each time. I doubt I have ovulated either. My partner has type 1 diabetes which i hear can cause miscarriages and trouble conceiving if not looked after. He tends to keep his sugar levels steady and we don't really face too many problems with that.

I have had us both on a multi-vitamin, folic acid and irons tablets for about a month now so hoping that will work. I'm also keeping track of my temperature first thing when I wake up in the mornings, still around the same daily. I've just finished a 11 day period, so can anyone give me any advice to make conceiving easier.

Please send lots of baby dust my way :D

Coongrats on ttc! We are also ttc#1 and I was on depo for 5 years. I want to say you are lucky to get AF back so soon....My last injection was Last July and we planned it that way knowing we didn't want to try until this past winter, so I did not get my shot in October....I didn't have any period the entire time I was on depo shot. Nothing still after stopping it and in December my ob/gyn gave me medication to induce a period. I then went on to have a period every 2 weeks for 3 months, skpped a 5-6 week with nothing, and now have been having monthly cycles again. but they are still not regular. This past one was the most regular and normal looking. I had a cycle of 33 days, 29 days, 27 days, and now 30 days. My advice is to be patient for right now since your body is trying to re-regulate itself back to a normal cycle. Temping is so helpful to see when you ovulate and if you are ovulating and how long your phases are. This past month was the first time I could clearly see a good temp shift. I had a steady range from the first day of my cycle when AF came, through the day after ovulation and I could clearly see when I ovulated as my temp spiked clearly, and then it stayed constantly elevated until AF came and it dramatically dropped back down. My last cycle before, I could see a temp spike where I ovulated, but my temp never really stayed at a constant elevated range and was up and down a lot. So I don't know if I even ovulated ever before this cycle. Without temping, it is difficult to see this. Also, if you are charting temps, it will be much easier to go into your doctor and be prepared if in a few months you have not gotten pregnant yet since he/she will just tell you to start charting and then come back and see him.

Again, be patient and keep temping to see if you are in fact ovulating and having regular cycles.

Thank you for your reply. I know the best thing to do is be patient. I got told that for a start I'm lucky to even be getting a period as some women can wait up to two years to get one and then it's longer for it to regulate. I have been temping and my temps did what yours did. It would spike by like nearly two degrees then go up and down. I never had fertile mucuous so knew I wasn't ovulating but just the fact that my body is trying to regulate again is good. I'm going to try stop stressing so much and just let it happens when it does :) Lots of baby dust your way and good luck :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->