TTC #1 - work worries

adastra

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My husband and I have finally started TTC. This is our first cycle and I am currently 2dpo. The reality that I COULD be pregnant this cycle has kicked in, and I am starting to worry about telling work if I fall pregnant soon.

Two other women in my workplace have recently announced pregnancies, and if I conceive soon that will be 3 lots of maternity leave they will have to sort out in a short space of time. I have worked there for over a year and a half, so I'll be well into my third year there if/when my maternity leave starts. There are budget and staffing issues at the moment, which I know are not my fault, and I need to put myself and my family first, but I tend to be overly concerned about letting people down and it's already starting to slightly take the excitement away from this TTW!

Is it crazy that part of me is hoping that it takes a few months before we conceive, just because of work?!

I totally understand. I've worked at my company for just over a year and am pregnant with baby #2. By the time baby is born I'll have been there nearly 2 years.

It's a very male company where I am, and I know that maternity leave isn't the fave thing for them to have to pay out for, however it is my right to have a baby and take maternity leave. I too don't like to think I may be letting people down, but as long as you give them as much notice as you can (once you feel happy to announce) they can't really complain.

Enjoy ttc and don't let worries over other people's possible attitudes ruin it for you. I'm sure it will work out fine!

i get it! but like you said this is about you! they will figure it out while youre snuggling your new baby :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->