TTC - 10 months & having HSG + IUI

I'll be CD12 but I told them I had started the day before I had so they think I'm CD13!! :wacko:

The way they've been with me I'll probably get there and they'll say sorry your too late in your cycle, ring again when you get your next period :grr:

They should be fine with it maaybe - providing you haven't (or at least tell them you haven't) had :sex:

Well I'm having mine on cd25. They had no appointments this month or last that were between cd10-14 (which is when they ideally like to do it) The receptionist said that they could book me in later in my cycle as long as we used contraception all month and that I hadn't started bleeding. I even had to email them to get them to check with the doctor that doing the test that late in my cycle would be ok. Which they have assured me it is.

I really hope that this will be the case when I turn up.

Well I'm having mine on cd25. They had no appointments this month or last that were between cd10-14 (which is when they ideally like to do it) The receptionist said that they could book me in later in my cycle as long as we used contraception all month and that I hadn't started bleeding. I even had to email them to get them to check with the doctor that doing the test that late in my cycle would be ok. Which they have assured me it is.

I really hope that this will be the case when I turn up.

I was offered a date last month (cos they booked me in for an ultrasounds instead of a HSG at first :dohh:) that would put me on CD21, then she rang me back and said the FS isn't happy about doing it that late in your cycle. . . :wacko:

I think they just make it up as they go along half the time. . . :dohh:

Thanks hun, I'm worried about all the stuff that's gona come out, walking down the road with it dripping down me leg lol. People keep saying it's blue but on my letter it says clear. . . ? O:)

Period Pads at the ready :thumbup:

:flower: x x x x

:rofl:

They gave me a mahoosive sanitary towel - I haven't used them since my 1st period when I was 14! :rofl: I must be a bit strange, cos they said that some of the dye would come out, but I didn't notice anything at all. I also didn't feel anything at all through the procedure or afterwards!!

Maybe I'm still full of dye :rofl:

You'll be fine - don't worry

Good luck in your appointment let us know how it goes!!!

I'm very frustrated cause I've called twice & hve left a message & they haven't got back to me. I'm currently on cd 6 and still don't have an appointment!! I did recieve a call last week that they recieved my payment (if you pay in advance it's cheaper) & that they were going to schedule but haven't called me back! I've been so emotional last night & this morning of having to wait another month & pushing back IUI that I've been crying just at the thought!! I live an hr away & have even thought of going there personally.

Ahhhh!!!! I just wish I'd get a call back or a reply to my messages!!!!! Is that too much to ask!!!!!!

Hi Maybe and Foxy!! Hullo the Fluffy Star, Tomo, and PR&TR as well : )

I have many of the same issues you gals mention ~ made it through all the testing and waiting to do IUI in November. I also had my cervix scraped after an abnormal pap, way back in my early 20s. After my initial consult and exam my fertility doc said that I have a very narrow cervical os, and I definitely wonder if the procedure on my cervix had anything to do with that. The doc dilated my cervix after my HSG but he said it would only stay slightly more open for a month or so. My DH has slightly low motility and volume so that has also been decreasing our odds. I'm hoping the dilation and keeping my hubby off his bicycle will help up get a BFP before we have to move on to IUI.

I really wish I'd gotten checked out sooner ~ it was a big relief to realize our obstacles (narrow cervix, slight male factor) and that there are treatment options (dilation, IUI).

Good luck ladies!

ps Foxy - I didn't have much dye leak out afterwards either, despite the safety of my super large pad!

Good luck in your appointment let us know how it goes!!!

I'm very frustrated cause I've called twice & hve left a message & they haven't got back to me. I'm currently on cd 6 and still don't have an appointment!! I did recieve a call last week that they recieved my payment (if you pay in advance it's cheaper) & that they were going to schedule but haven't called me back! I've been so emotional last night & this morning of having to wait another month & pushing back IUI that I've been crying just at the thought!! I live an hr away & have even thought of going there personally.

Ahhhh!!!! I just wish I'd get a call back or a reply to my messages!!!!! Is that too much to ask!!!!!!

Urgh! I had the same problem with booking mine this month at Guys hospital. It drove me completely bonkers that no one would answer the phone or call me back. I ended up going there to book. It also made me wonder how all the other women had managed to book theirs, as all the appointments for 10-14 days later were taken! I'd go in if you can.

Hi Jamie 2 Eyes, it is weird that so many of us have had cells removed from our cervix and are now having problems conceiving. My husband has also got slightly low morph and motility, so looks like we'll have IUI if my tubes are clear.

Maybe- hope yours went ok today?

:hi: Jaimie - hope you're well.

Looks like there may well be a whole load of IUI/IVF BFPs coming in the near future :wohoo:

:rofl:

Maybe I'm still full of dye :rofl:

Ha ha, love it!!!

Maaybe - I hope it goes, or is going, well. I didnt have any leakage either and the dye they used was clear too.

fuffy xx

Thanks ladies!!

It went fab, I' m all clear! :happydance:

I found it a bit uncomfortable and almost painful when they were trying to 'find' my cervix lol They said it kept hiding and got me to keep coughing :haha:

I definatley felt like deep period pains when they put the tube in and had a bit of spotting but don't know what I was worried about :)

Foxy! :haha:
I had it come out when I went the toilet after and definatley some on the pad but other than that it hasnt been that bad for me either :thumbup:

Hello ladies :hi:

First appointment today and i have to go and have this done. scared because its my first procedure. scared emotionally because what if something is wrong? comforting to read that u have had it done too.

Maaybe - so glad it went ok. I think the built up and anticipation can be worse than the actual procedure!!! I was certainly sooo nervous while waiting to be called in. DH was trying to distract me by talking but I didnt hear whathe was saying and even asked him to shut up!! ha ha!

jamie2eyes - hello!!! glad you are joining us

678star-bex - do you have a date for your HSG booked yet? Im sure it will be fine. Totally understand how scary emotionally it is as you just cant predict what the outcome will be. I think the chances are that you will be clear though I imagine its a little like a man having his :spermy: checked, yu cant predict what they would be like either. Good luck xx let us know when it is xx

love to you all
fluffy xx

hi fluffy thanks for your reply. no date as of yet coz i have to book it on CD1 and i am only cd 9 so i have just missed out and have to wait a month.
aggrgrghhh anyways i also have to have progeserone bloods done. anyone had this and know what levels r ok? i had it done last yr & doc said fine but FS said too low and i didnt ov at all. what? i think it was 19??? oh this is all so awful but i should be excited that i am getting closer to that BFP.

Yeah for Maaybe!!! So glad everything went well and everything is clear and open!!! Fx cause I hear that after that you have a chance of getting a BFP!!!! Thanks for sharing cause it makes me feel that much better oh and to let me know that I should take a pad with me too :).

678star - Good luck on your test today!!! Best of wishes! Let us know how it goes!

hi fluffy thanks for your reply. no date as of yet coz i have to book it on CD1 and i am only cd 9 so i have just missed out and have to wait a month.
aggrgrghhh anyways i also have to have progeserone bloods done. anyone had this and know what levels r ok? i had it done last yr & doc said fine but FS said too low and i didnt ov at all. what? i think it was 19??? oh this is all so awful but i should be excited that i am getting closer to that BFP.

Hiya Bex
Im CD 9 today(thurs),as you know i had my 1st app last nite,it went well
I had my 21bloods done for all and my levels were grand
My progesterone was 47.7,i was told over 30 indicates Ov?
But then a friend on here said anything over 15?
I hadnt a clue until my Doc rang me back last Fri to explain them,she over 30 was great to me.
Good luck Buddy xx

I have just looked up some of my cd21 tests as I had irregular cycles so cd21 produces variable results!!..

The first one I had was 40.7 and turned out to be 5dpo
The second one I had was 12.7 which my gp said indicated I had ovulated but was probably taken to early. I agreed as it worked out to only be 1dpo. I repeated it on 5dpo that cycle and got 35.9.

Your progesterone levels should peak midway between ovulating and getting AF. Do you know how many dpo (days past ovulation) you had the test on? Your doc may have been right that 19 indicated you have ovulated but this may not represent your peak level if not done at the right time, or if it was timed right could indicate low levels. The FS is right to have it checkd again, it all adds to the info!!

Hope that helped!!
love fluffy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->